Subject: [nfsv4] October BakeAThon Information

From: Tom Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:16:57 -0500

First, thanks to NetApp for hosting the BAT. They did a great job and it 
went smoothly.

Second, as we discussed at NetApp, we all felt that testing wise we 
would like another BAT.

We discussed either CITI or Sun hosting the event in October. It turns 
out that CITI is in
the midst of a move and this year is not a good time to host a BAT.

So Sun is going to host the next BAT at the Austin campus the week of 
October 5th - 9th.

This will be 4 months from now and also give us 4 months before 
ConnectAThon.

BTW: We have signed an agreement to host the ConnectAThon 2010 at the 
Network Meeting
Center in Santa Clara. I believe we will be right before the Usenix FAST 
conference again.

---

From: sfaibish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:15:21 -0400

I would like to make an offer to host the next Bakeathon at EMC. I  
appologize
if I make the offer to late but I hope somewill find interest in the  
location.
We propose to host the Bakeathon either in Boston or in Paris, France. I  
know
that the travel budgets are tight but we could follow the IETF tradition.
If you think this is unapropriate and too late just disregard this email.
But our proposal stands for the next Bakeathon as well. Thank you very
much for your consideration.

Sorin Faibish
Corporate Distinguished Engineer

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:16:57 -0400, Tom Haynes <[email-masked]>  
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>
>

-- 
Best Regards

Sorin Faibish
Corporate Distinguished Engineer
Network Storage Group

         EMC²
where information lives

Phone: 508-435-1000 x 48545
Cellphone: 617-510-0422
Email : [email-masked]

---

From: Tom Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 20:50:56 -0500

sfaibish wrote:
> We propose to host the Bakeathon either in Boston or in Paris, France. 
> I know

Sorin,

Thanks for the offer. And by the way, years in which we have multiple 
BakeAThons,
we try to alternate locations. Normally this would be Ann Arbor and 
Austin, but we
are open to other sites.

Is anyone else interested in meeting in Boston the week of Oct 5th?

If not, then the next BAT would be in June of next year and Boston would 
be the
leading contender.

Thanks,
Tom

>> First, thanks to NetApp for hosting the BAT. They did a great job and 
>> it went smoothly.
>>
>> We discussed either CITI or Sun hosting the event in October. It 
>> turns out that CITI is in
>> Center in Santa Clara. I believe we will be right before the Usenix 
>> FAST conference again.

---

From: sfaibish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:58:28 -0400

> If not, then the next BAT would be in June of next year and Boston would  
Looks like Paris, France is of no interest. :)
Thanks for considering Boston at least for the following BAT.
We will be ready for either October or next June.

-- 
Best Regards

Sorin Faibish

         EMC²
where information lives