Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] meeting agenda

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:21:02 -0400 (EDT)

Time: Thursdays 1:30-2:30 PM EST/10:30-11:30 AM PST
 Dial-in: 1-888-765-3653 (us)
          303-218-2659 (international)
      Id: 2354843

Proposed Agenda
---------------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

  This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
  IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

    http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

  We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Review Action Items

  - Renu Tewari will located informational RFCs on DNS TTL values

  - Craig Everhart will draft updated FSN-to-FSL caching text

+ Reminder: No Meeting Next week

  Enjoy Bake-a-thon!

+ Bake-a-thon (June 15-19)
  http://www.connectathon.org/bakeathon/

+ FSL Caching

+ NSDB Draft Update

  Target a July 10th update.

  Items to review:

  - Recommend an LDAP suffix of "o=fedfs" instead of 
    "dc=fed-fs,dc=com". The dc (domain component) attribute implies
    that there is a fed-fs.com domain. I've successfully used the 
    o=fedfs suffix in several LDAP implementations:
        - OpenLDAP
        - Microsoft Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (LDS)
        - Fedora Directory (aka 389 Directory)
        - Apache Directory

  - Created an NFS specific FSL type. This eliminates the need to 
    define FSL type values in the standard. It also easily allows 
    for future extensions for other protocols.

  - Formatted the LDAP schema for automated processing (in the style 
    used by other IETF NFS documents)

  - Added "fedfs" prefix to LDAP objects. This allows easier searching 
    for fedfs related schema elements.

  - Added the UUID text we agreed to on 3/12

  - Added the annotations syntax we agreed to on 5/14