Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] meeting agenda (6/4)

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:13:49 -0400 (EDT)

Note that we will meet at the usual time this week. We'll discuss a 
time change on the call.

    Time: Thursdays 1:30-2:30 PM EST/10:30-11:30 AM PST
 Dial-in: 1-888-765-3653 (us)
          303-218-2659 (international)
      Id: 2354843

Proposed Agenda
---------------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

  This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
  IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

    http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

  We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Review Action Items

  - James Lentini will poll for times over email.

    Complete. See below.

  - Paul Lemahieu will research LDAP trigger functionality, 
    including standardization, scalability, and configurability 
    (conditions that can cause the trigger to fire).

    Complete.

    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07057.html

  - James Lentini will research LDAP performance numbers (queries per
    second and connections)

    Complete.

    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07051.html

+ New meeting time beginning next week?

+ Bake-a-thon (June 15-19)
  http://www.connectathon.org/bakeathon/

+ NSDB Draft Update

  Target a July 10th update.

+ FSL Caching

  Options discussed so far:

  1. No caching

  2. Administrative convention

     The proposal sent to the mailing list:

     http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07029.html
 
  3. Change client by
	- adding new client operation(s)
	- adding new client behavior: server assumes cache miss based on client
	  behavior (still requires changes to client software)

  4. List of caching fileservers per FSN

  5. LDAP client update features (aka FSN Delegations)

+ LDAP DIT Structure Rules

  See email thread on openldap-technical:

  http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/200906/msg00011.html

+ Root Fileset

+ NFSv4 Multi Domain Federated FS Access