Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] Meeting Minutes, 06/25/2009

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:13:33 -0400 (EDT)

FedFS Meeting Minutes, 06/25/2009
---------------------------------

Attendees
---------

Andy Adamson (NetApp)
Dan Ellard (BBN)
Craig Everhart (NetApp)
James Lentini (NetApp)
Paul Lemahieu (EMC)
Pavan Mettu (Sun)
Trond Myklbust (NetApp)
Renu Tewari (IBM)
Rob Thurlow (Sun)

Minutes
-------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

  This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
  IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

    http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

  We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Review Action Items

  - James Lentini will update the NSDB draft with FSL caching text.

    Complete.

+ Reminder: No meeting on July 2.

+ Bake-a-thon Report

  Rob Thurlow reported that there was interop testing between
  OpenSolaris and Linux.

  Trond reported that the changes to follow referrals on mounts have been
  integrated into the mainline Linux kernel as of 2.6.31. The next item 
  on the TODO list is resolution of DNS names in a referral. After that 
  will be migrations.

+ NSDB Draft Update

  Target a July 10th update. The update may be earlier in the week of July 6
  if there are no major comments on the current version.

  Added since last time:

  - FSL caching section

  - IANA considerations

+ SNSDB SourceForge Code Update

  Several code updates. 

  - Added new FSL fields
  - Modified fedfs_resolve_fsn() and fedfs_scan_fsn() interfaces to be 
    capable of returning an arbitrary number of results
  - Removed junction concept
  - Small bug fixes

  We discussed the uses of SNSDB. The SNSDB package contains code for a simple
  command line tool for managing an NSDB written in C and instructions +
  configuration files for setting up OpenLDAP to act as an NSDB.

  The combined diff for the above changes looks large, but this is mostly 
  the new FSL fields rippling through the code.

  Pavan asked if SNSDB had been used with OpenDS. James reported that no
  testing with OpenDS has been performed yet, and requested feedback when
  someone tried it.

  James reported that he plans to update SNSDB to add a shared object library
  file as another target of the build process in addition to the archive 
  library file that is built. Other than that, he has no specific plans for
  new features at this point.

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:29:36 -0400 (EDT)

> FedFS Meeting Minutes, 06/25/2009
<snip>
>   new features at this point.

FYI: The code updates are on SourceForge now. See the project's CVS 
repository at:

 https://sourceforge.net/projects/snsdb