Subject: [nfsv4] NFSv4 draft agenda for IETF75

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:44:40 -0500

I have posted a draft agenda for the upcoming meeting.
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/09jul/agenda/nfsv4.txt

Please review and provide any additional items that need to be  
discussed.
Apologies if you have sent me something and it is missing, it is not
intentional; missing?  please re-send!

Spencer

---

From: "Sorin Faibish" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:11:32 -0400

Spencer,

I would like to propose a discussion on: "Access permission issues
with pNFS" that I discussed in the previous round of emails. I assume
that both Mike Eisler and David Black will agree to this topic. Thanks

/Sorin

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:44:40 -0400, Spencer Shepler  
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Please review and provide any additional items that need to be discussed.
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>
>

-- 
Best Regards
Sorin Faibish
Corporate Distinguished Engineer
Network Storage Group

        EMC²
where information lives

Phone: 508-435-1000 x 48545
Cellphone: 617-510-0422
Email : [email-masked]

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 17:18:43 -0500

This has been added to the agenda:
    Access checks and pNFS (Sorin Faibish)

Spencer
On Jul 3, 2009, at 4:11 PM, Sorin Faibish wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:44:40 -0400, Spencer Shepler <[email-masked] 
> > wrote:
>
>>

---

From: "William A. (Andy) Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 19:52:42 -0400

Hi Spencer

I just submitted a new draft, and I would like to have a discussion
added to the agenda

Thanks

-->Andy

	draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access

Version: 	00
Submission Date:	2009-07-03
Title:	NFSv4 Multi-Domain Access
WG ID:	Indvidual Submission
File Size:	45727
Creation Date:	2009-07-03
Author(s) Information
    Author 1: 	Andy Adamson ([email-masked] )
    Author 2: 	Kevin Coffman ([email-masked] )
Pages:	27
Abstract:	

The NFS Version 4 [NFSv40] protocol enables the construction of a
distributed file system which can join NFSv4.0 or NFSv4.1 [NFSv41]
servers, which potentially use separate name translation services and
separate security services, into a common name space.

The protocol supports multiple authentication methods and does not
restrict how users are represented or authenticated.  As such a
user's view of the name space may be limited by the authentication
and authorization privileges they have on the different file servers
in the name space.

This document discusses authentication and authorization management
and proposes two name service attributes that are used for NFSv4 name
and security principal translations to enable users to traverse and
access files in a secure, multi-domain NFS Version 4 name space.

---

From: "David P. Quigley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:48:10 -0400

> intentional; missing?  please re-send!

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this IETF but I will try to
participate remotely through Jabber and the audio feeds. If there is
anything Labeled NFS related that people wish to hear about feel free to
ask. We are still working on the impact document and I hope to have
something ready for working group consumption shortly after IETF 75.
Also I will be organizing a group of several people at LinuxCon to
discuss interoperability concerns with other MAC implementations with
the goal of releasing an RFC discussing MAC label format and
interoperability practices.

Dave

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:10:43 -0500

> I just submitted a new draft, and I would like to have a discussion

I have added this and an item from Trond to the agenda.
As a reminder, the draft agenda is located here:

Spencer

---

From: sfaibish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 09:19:36 -0400

Spencer,

I believe you have a name mismatch on the agenda:
"use of NFS clients as pNFS data servers" was supposed to be
authored by Trond not Adamson.  :)

/Sorin

-- 
Best Regards

Sorin Faibish

         EMC²
where information lives

---

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 09:24:39 -0400

> authored by Trond not Adamson.  :)

Andy will be presenting it on my behalf. I'm unfortunately unable to
attend the Stockholm meeting owing to family duties.

Cheers
  Trond

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 11:27:57 -0400 (EDT)

> intentional; missing?  please re-send!

I've posted an updated version of the Server Side Copy Offload draft 
with some minor changes (clarifications, typo fixes, contact info 
updates, etc.):

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lentini-nfsv4-server-side-copy-03.txt

-james

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:52:42 -0400 (EDT)

> intentional; missing?  please re-send!

I've updated the "Administration Protocol for Federated Filesystems" 
draft (with some superficial formatting changes and fixes for nits) 
and the "NSDB Protocol for Federated Filesystems" draft (with the 
changes discussed in the FedFS weekly meeting).

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-02.txt
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-02.txt

-james