Subject: [nfsv4] Labeled NFS TODO list

From: "David P. Quigley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:43:19 -0400

Hello Everyone,
	I was recently at several conventions trying to drum up developer
support for the Labeled NFS work and one of the requests I had was a
TODO list with actionable items on it. Since some of these items are
IETF documents I've decided to make the WG aware of the list so people
who may be interested in working on them are aware of them. The
documents focus on addressing concerns that the working group has with
the lack of structure of the MAC attribute and of a lack of initial DOIs
for the specification. Long story short, the idea of a DOI has changed
in the MAC Attribute specification and is replaced with a policy format
specifier which will map to a document detailing the syntactic structure
of the label portion of the attribute and the semantic meaning of its
components. One of these components is highly recommended to be a policy
authority field which is then used by the MAC mechanism to identify the
semantic meaning of specific values of the components.
	If anyone is interested in participating in any of the tasks on the
TODO list or even adding items to the TODO list feel free to contact me
either directly, through the NFSv4 WG mailing list, or through the
labeled-nfs mailing list. I think the labeled-nfs mailing list will
probably become the general discussion list for implementation specific
discussions with the working group mailing list being cross posted in
the event of specification related discussions.

Dave

http://www.selinuxproject.org/page/Labeled_NFS/TODO