Subject: [nfsv4] 5th round of typos and fixes to the NFSv4.1 specification

From: "Mike Eisler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 09:25:55 -0700

We've had a number of issues of clarification come up in the past
several months, and these are now addressed. I suggest looking very
soon at what the changes as it appears the RFC Editor's engagement with
editing of the NFSv4.1 drafts is imminent.

The changes are at:

http://eisler.com/nfsv41/0_README.html

Search for PAv5

Here is the summary of the what has changed:

PAv5: Typos. Clarify the use of the NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP and add it
to every operation in the error table. Several attributes were misnamed.
Fixed a critical copy/paste error in the MDS recovery section. Clarify the
NFS4ERR_SEQ_FALSE_RETRY error and what happens when a client uses a
different credential. Clarify the use of loca_stateid in LAYOUTCOMMIT when
doing a reclaim.

In the dot x file I-D, several attributes from earlier versions of the I-D
were still in place, so they were removed. Several attributes were
misnamed. The change politcy attribute was missing its fattr4_ data type.
Some #endif's did not have a comment around the argument to #endif, and
this breaks some C compilers.

-- 
Mike Eisler, Senior Technical Director, NetApp, 719 599 9026,
http://blogs.netapp.com/eislers_nfs_blog/