Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] meeting agenda (9/24)

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:05:03 -0400 (EDT)

Tomorrow's proposed agenda is below. Please let me know if you would like
to add anything.

    Time: Thursdays 1:30-2:30 PM EST/10:30-11:30 AM PST
 Dial-in: 1-888-765-3653 (us)
          303-218-2659 (international)
      Id: 2354843

Proposed Agenda
---------------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

  This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
  IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

    http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

  We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Review Action Items

  - Nico Williams will send his proposed changes to our LDAP
    configuration (o=fedfs) and the format of the FSL's pathname 
    attribute.

  Complete.

  - James Lentini, in consultation with Trond, will think 
    about a pathname format that is human readable and capable 
    of describing all possible NFS paths. 

  - Rob Thurlow will consider the use of alternative LDAP ports 
    for an NSDB and report back with a recommendation to the group.

  - Trond Myklebust will consult with Craig and send 
    zero-configuration DNS SRV proposal

+ Austin NFS Bake-a-thon

+ Requirements Draft Update

  IETF general last call closed on 9/22. One comment from Gen-ART on 
  Non-Requirement N2 (Q. What does "federation data" referred to in the 
  context of N2? A. The NSDB records).

+ Admin Draft Update

  An updated version of the Admin draft is available for review. The 
  full version is here:

   http://jlentini.users.sourceforge.net/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-02bis.txt

  and a diff against the previous version is here:

   http://jlentini.users.sourceforge.net/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-rfcdiff.html

  The only change is to define a pathname as an array of path component 
  strings rather than a single string.

+ Discuss Open Issues

  - fedfsNfsPathname format

  - FSN format: <NSDB location, LDAP base DN, UUID>

    Ramifications for both NSDB and Admin specification

  - NSDB location format: hostname or SRV RR?

  - Configurable NSDB port?