Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] What LDAP directory implementation have folks been using for the NSDB thus far?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:10:14 -0500

Hi,

Just curious - what LDAP directory implementation you been using for the
NSDB in a FedFS setup thus far?   Any issues?   Good points?

Thanks,
Chris

-- 
Chris Stacey - Senior Technologist, Celerra Unified Storage Engineering,
EMC Corporation (New Zealand).  Phone: +64 21 225 3747

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:07:32 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, [email-masked] wrote:

> Just curious – what LDAP directory implementation you been using for 
> the NSDB in a FedFS setup thus far?   Any issues?   Good points?

Hi Chris,

We tested OpenLDAP and OpenDS at the NFS Bake-a-thon.

I've also done some experimenting with Apache DS, Fedora 389, and 
Active Directory in LDS mode.

There are instructions on how to setup OpenLDAP as an NSDB in the 
SNSDB SourceForge project's documentation.

-james

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:31:14 -0500

Thank you very much.  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of James Lentini
Sent: Tuesday, 15 December 2009 12:08 p.m.
To: Stacey, Chris
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] [FedFS] What LDAP directory implementation have folks been using for the NSDB thus far?

Hi Chris,

-james