Subject: Re: [nfsv4] SSV

From: "Weaver, Amy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:48:57 -0800

Hi Bruce,

We are planning to support NFSv4.1 state protection SP4_MACH_CRED and
Kerberos, but not SP4_SSV. In the
event when a client requests SP4_SSV, our server will return
NFS4ERR_SERVERFAULT.

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Bruce Fields [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 8:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nfsv4] SSV

Will anyone have an SSV implementation at connectathon?

I'm a bit worried.  The protocol doesn't give any way to negotiate SSV
support that I can see: the client requests some form of state
protection, and the server has to either accept it or fail the whole
EXCHANGE_ID.  Will there be servers released that claim 4.1 and kerberos
support but don't support SSV, and if so are clients going to have to
figure out some way to work around that?

--b.
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4