Subject: [nfsv4] DRC behaviour question

From: "William A. (Andy) Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:15:25 -0500

In section 2.10.6.1.3.  Optional Reply Caching of
draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-29:

.....If a requester does not direct the replier to
   cache the reply, the replier MUST do one of following:

here is the 2nd choice:

 o  The replier enters into its reply cache a reply consisting of the
      original results to the SEQUENCE or CB_SEQUENCE operation, and
      with the next operation in COMPOUND or CB_COMPOUND having the
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      error NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP.  Thus if the requester later
      retries the request, it will get NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP.

Yet, section 15.4.  Errors and the operations that use them shows that
NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP is only legal to use as a return for
CB_SEQUENCE and SEQUENCE

  | NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP        | CB_SEQUENCE, SEQUENCE         |

So which operation is it that gets the  NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP
error, the CB_SEQUENCE/SEQUENCE or the next operation?

-->Andy