Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] Meeting Minutes, 1/7/2010

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:17:10 -0500 (EST)

FedFS Meeting Minutes, 1/7/2010
-------------------------------

Attendees
---------

Sorin Faibish (EMC)
Craig Everhart (NetApp)
Paul LeMahieu (EMC)
James Lentini (NetApp)
Trond Myklebust (NetApp)
Robert Thurlow (Sun)

Minutes
-------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

  This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
  IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

    http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

  We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Review Action Items

  - James Lentini draft text for Admin draft with security 
    mechanisms.

    Open. James is working on the text. The plan is to get something 
    concrete on paper and then solicit feedback.

+ SourceForge.org SNSDB Code Update

  On January 4, James updated the open source SNSDB project to 
  use the schema in draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-04.
  The code has been behaving as expected in testing and is 
  ready for other to use.

+ Connectathon 2010

  As in past years, Rob Thurlow is planning to give a talk on FedFS. 

  Rob requested Wednesday, February 24th, for the FedFS talk so James 
  can attend. Connectathon organizers are working on schedule, but 
  Rob anticipates getting 2/24.

  There will also be a talk on the Solaris implementation of referrals. 

  Rob would like to do more interop testing this year. He looks forward to 
  doing test between Solaris and Linux. He would like to get many 
  endpoints talking to a single NSDB. 

  Rob also encouraged participants to bring a diverse set of LDAP Directory 
  Server implementations to use as NSDBs. As a standard protocol, 
  LDAP should make the difference between implementations moot, but it is 
  good to validate this. Sun plans to bring an OpenDS-based NSDB.

  Rob requests that we bring as much equipment for FedFS testing as we can.

  Which schema should be used? -03? -04? -03 was used for bakeathon. 
  Trond indicated that he planned to update the Linux implementation to 
  -04. Rob agreed that this sounded like a good idea. The plan will be to 
  use the -04 schema.

+ USENIX FAST'10 BOF

  James suggested that we investigate holding a BOF at FAST again this 
  year. FAST will be in San Jose the same week as Connectathon.

  [AI] James Lentini will investigate scheduling FAST BOF on FedFS

+ Review NSDB Draft Changes

  There were no comments.