Subject: [nfsv4] The NFSv4.1 RFCs are available

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:38:24 -0600

As Mike pointed out, the NFSv4.1 RFC is now available.
In fact, the entire set has been posted as listed below.

Again, my thanks goes to everyone involved with this work.
A major milestone.  Excellent work!

Spencer

----

IPsec Channels: Connection Latching
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5660.txt

Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5661.txt

Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1
External Data Representation Standard (XDR) Description
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5662.txt

Parallel NFS (pNFS) Block/Volume Layout
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5663.txt

Object-Based Parallel NFS (pNFS) Operations
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5664.txt

IANA Considerations for Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Network Identifiers and Universal Address Formats
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5665.txt

Remote Direct Memory Access Transport for Remote Procedure Call
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5666.txt

Network File System (NFS) Direct Data Placement
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5667.txt

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:19:15 +0200

Hi,

there were some snags with getting the RFC set officially announced (mostly because the RFC Editor has been moving from ISI to AMS), but all should be taken care of now.

Congratulations also from my side for finishing a very substantial piece of work!

Lars