Subject: [nfsv4] Working group last call for NFS DNS SRV I-D (April 30 - May 14)

From: Spencer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:56:46 -0500

Given the maturity of the following document on NFSv4's use of DNS SRV records
and the progression of the Federated FS work, it is appropriate to hold the
working group last call for this document.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace-03.txt

The last call starts now and runs through May 14th.  Please post
substantive comments to the working group alias and editorial comments 
can be directed to the authors.

Thanks in advance for the review as well as to those that have
authored or otherwise contributed to the document.

Spencer

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:17:11 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like my support for this proposal to be recorded. It defines a 
mechanism that I believe is necessary for building global namespaces 
with NFS. In addition to review by members of this working group, I'll 
note that this proposal was also reviewed by the DNS Directorate in 
August of last year.

I have two very minor suggestions after a fresh read of the draft.

On page 6, the first sentence of Section 4.2 refers to the "proposed 
fs_locations_info" attribute. In light of the publication of RFC 5661, 
I recommend the word "proposed" be removed and a reference to RFC 5661 
be added, either in this section or in the first sentence of Section 
2.

Section 6 on page 9 references the DNS NFS4ID. I suggest a citation 
for the DNS NFS4ID, perhaps to draft-ietf-nfsv4-dns-rr-00, be added as 
an Informative Reference.

-james

--
James Lentini | NetApp | 781-768-5359 | [email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:13:57 -0400

As to the first, good catch.  I do agree but I will note that RFC5661 is
now a "Proposed Standard". 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of James Lentini
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 3:17 PM
To: Spencer
Cc: nfsv4 nfsv4
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Working group last call for NFS DNS SRV I-D (April
30 - May 14)

-james

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4