Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] meeting agenda (6/3)

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 21:02:36 -0400 (EDT)

Tomorrow's proposed agenda is below. Please let me know if you would
like to add additional topics.

    Time: Thursdays 1:30-2:30 PM EST/10:30-11:30 AM PST
 Dial-in: 1-888-765-3653 (us)
          303-218-2659 (international)
      Id: 2354843

Proposed Agenda
---------------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

  This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
  IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

    http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

  We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Bake-a-thon

+ NSDB Draft Update

  We've drafted text that incorporates the last few months of feedback 
  into the NSDB proposal.

  A full version of the document is here:

  http://jlentini.users.sourceforge.net/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-06.txt

  and a diff against -05 is here:

  http://jlentini.users.sourceforge.net/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-rfcdiff.html

  The changes can be divided into these categories:

  - Decrease the size of a junction: move NCE from each FSN into 
    the root of each naming context 

    This was discussed over the course of several meetings, most 
    recently on 5/20/10: 
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08005.html
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08006.html

  - Add a fedfsNetPort attribute type and subclasses

    See 4/29/10 meeting: 
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07964.html
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07970.html

  - Update references

  - Miscellaneous updates: author contact info, typos, and 
    boilerplate updates in xml2rfc version 3.5

+ Admin Draft Update

  We've drafted text that incorporates the last few months of feedback 
  into the NSDB proposal.

  A full version of the document is here:

  http://jlentini.users.sourceforge.net/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-05.txt

  and a diff against -04 is here:

  http://jlentini.users.sourceforge.net/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-rfcdiff.html

  The changes can be divided into these categories:

  - New error codes: BADNAME, NAMETOOLONG, LOOP

    See 4/15/10 meeting:
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07946.html
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07947.html

  - Define FedFsNsdbName as a structure

    See 4/29/10 meeting: 
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07964.html
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07970.html

  - Decrease the size of a junction: move NCE from each FSN into 
    the root of each naming context 

    This was discussed over the course of several meetings, most 
    recently on 5/20/10: 
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08005.html
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08006.html

  - Pathname changes

    See 4/1/10 meeting:
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07899.html
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07896.html

  - Add Replication Procedures

    See 5/20/10 meeting minutes:
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08006.html

    For naming consistency, FEDFS_LOOKUP_FSN was changed to
    FEDFS_LOOKUP_JUNCTION and FEDFS_LOOKUP_REPLICATION_FSN was 
    shortened to FEDFS_LOOKUP_REPLICATION. Do these and the other 
    procedure names make sense?

  - Removed empty directory requirement from FEDFS_JUNCTION_CREATE

    See 4/29/10 minutes: 
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07970.html
    and 5/6/10 minutes:
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07982.html

  - Added FEDFS_ERR_NSDB_LDAP_VAL

    See "Optional LDAP error value" discussion during 
    3/18/10 meeting:
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07781.html
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg07784.html

  - Added placeholder for international string rules

  - Update references

  - Miscellaneous updates: author contact info, typos, and
    boilerplate updates in xml2rfc version 3.5

+ Meeting Schedule

  Determine our upcoming meeting schedule given upcoming 
  holidays/vacations.