Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:45:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NSDB Protocol for Federated Filesystems
	Author(s)       : J. Lentini, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-08.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2010-08-18

This document describes a filesystem federation protocol that enables
file access and namespace traversal across collections of
independently administered fileservers.  The protocol specifies a set
of interfaces by which fileservers with different administrators can
form a fileserver federation that provides a namespace composed of
the filesystems physically hosted on and exported by the constituent
fileservers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:26:28 -0400 (EDT)

This is a minor update that:

1. Recommends a fedfsNetAddr LDAP attribute value conform to
   rfc3530bis's i18n server4 rules since fedfsNetAddr values are used
   to populate NFS referrals.

2. Recommends a fedfsNfsPath LDAP attribute value conform to
   rfc3530bis's i18n component4 rules since fedfsNfsPath values are
   used to populate NFS referrals.

3. Recommends NFS FSL values for cases in which the administrator is
   unable to choose a value. (An addition suggested by Chuck Lever)

The fedfsNetAddr and fedfsNfsPath descriptions are the only places I 
foresee this document citing rfc3530bis's i18n rules (or potentially 
some other document).

As always, comments are welcome.

-james