Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] meeting agenda (8/5)

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:49:20 -0400 (EDT)

Tomorrow's proposed agenda is below. Please let me know if you would
like to add additional topics.

    Time: Thursdays 1:30-2:30 PM EST/10:30-11:30 AM PST
 Dial-in: 1-888-765-3653 (us)
          303-218-2659 (international)
      Id: 2354843

Proposed Agenda
---------------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

  This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
  IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

    http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

  We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Procedure for Flushing the Fileserver's FSN-to-FSL cache

  A call to FEDFS_LOOKUP_JUNCTION can result in a fileserver's FSL 
  cache being updated:

  ---
   If the fileserver has a cache of FSL records, the process of
   resolving an FSN using an NSDB SHOULD result in the cache being
   updated.  New FSLs for the given FSN SHOULD be added to the cache and
   deleted FSLs SHOULD be removed from the cache.  This behavior is
   desirable because it allows an administrator to proactively request
   that the fileserver refresh its FSL cache.  For example, the
   administrator might like to refresh the fileserver's cache when
   changes are made to an FSN's FSLs.
  ---

  At the 6/17/2010 meeting:

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08102.html

  we discussed making this an explicit operation, but ran out of 
  time to complete the discussion.

+ NSDB Draft Roadmap

  - Fix fedfsNcePrefix definition as discussed on the mailing list
  - Recommendations for LDAP referrals and search continuations
  - Cite rfc3530bis i18n text for LDAP attributes that map to 
    fields in an NFSv4 referral

+ Admin Draft Roadmap

  - Cite rfc3530bis i18n text
  - Clarifications/additional fields for the FedFsNfsFsl structure
  - Procedure for Listing NSDB Parameters Database (?)
  - Procedure for Flushing the Fileserver's FSN-to-FSL cache (?)