Subject: [nfsv4] suggestion for section 5

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:42:43 -0400

James-

The NCE seems like it is now a full blown NSDB object.  Would it make sense to add "create NCE" and "delete NCE" operations to Chapter 5 section 1 of the NSDB protocol draft?

-- 
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:49:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Chuck Lever wrote:

> James-
> 
> The NCE seems like it is now a full blown NSDB object.  Would it 
> make sense to add "create NCE" and "delete NCE" operations to 
> Chapter 5 section 1 of the NSDB protocol draft?

The NCE is described in Chapter 4.1, the section describing NSDB 
configuration. Since it is part of the NSDB configuration, the 
specification doesn't define create and delete operations (by its 
nature, NSDB configuration will be implementation specific). I think 
Chapter 4 is the natural location for discussing the NCE, but I'll 
listen other opinions.

-james