Subject: [nfsv4] Closure on issues from last call on NSDB Protocol for Federated Filesystems

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:29:06 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like to get closure on the issues raised during the last call on 
draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-09. I'm aware of the following 
issues:

1. Format of the fedfsAnnotation attribute (Section 4.2.1.12)
   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08670.html

  There hasn't been any discussion on the above thread yet. Please 
  post to this thread if you have an opinion.

2. Interpretation of zero-length components (Section 4.2.1.14)
   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08573.html
   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08632.html

   I think we decided that these two issues would be addressed in the 
   rfc3530bis and draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin documents.

3. Description of the fedfsUuid attribute (Section 4.2.1.1)
   a. Remove sentence about "debugging" strings
   b. Informative text about the UUID algorithm.

   From our conference calls, my impression is that folks wanted to 
   remove the sentence about "debugging" strings, and add a note about 
   the UUID algorithm should be added. 

   I'll start a thread for this topic so we can close this over email.

Are there any other issues?

-james

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:33:14 -0400 (EDT)

>   post to this thread if you have an opinion.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^

I was referring to 

Please post there to help keep the responses in one location.