Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] meeting agenda (10/28)

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:20:46 -0400 (EDT)

Tomorrow's proposed agenda is below. Please let me know if you would
like to add additional topics.

    Time: Thursdays 1:30-2:30 PM EST/10:30-11:30 AM PST
 Dial-in: 1-888-765-3653 (us)
          303-218-2659 (international)
      Id: 2354843

Proposed Agenda
---------------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

  This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
  IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

    http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

  We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ NSDB Last Call Wrap-up

  Issues raised during last call on draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-09:

  1. Format of the fedfsAnnotation attribute (Section 4.2.1.12)
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08670.html

  2. Interpretation of zero-length components (Section 4.2.1.14)
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08632.html

  3. Description of the fedfsUuid attribute (Section 4.2.1.1)
    a. Remove support for "debugging" strings?
    b. Informative text about the UUID algorithm.
       Revise second paragraph of Section 4.2.1.1 as follows?

   To minimize the probability of two UUIDs colliding, a consistent
   procedure for generating UUIDs SHOULD be used throughout a
   federation.  Within a federation, UUIDs SHOULD be generated using the
   procedure described for version 1 of the UUID variant specified in
   [RFC4122]. This is a time-based UUID variant provided by many
   UUID programming libraries (e.g., the OSF DCE uuid_generate_time(1)
   API).

+ Admin Last Call

  Any issues?

+ Discuss draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access-03.txt

  Draft here:
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access-03

  See questions here:
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08684.html

+ Meeting schedule