Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 06:45:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Administration Protocol for Federated Filesystems
	Author(s)       : J. Lentini, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-08.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2010-11-19

This document describes the administration protocol for a federated
file system that enables file access and namespace traversal across
collections of independently administered fileservers.  The protocol
specifies a set of interfaces by which fileservers with different
administrators can form a fileserver federation that provides a
namespace composed of the filesystems physically hosted on and
exported by the constituent fileservers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:56:46 -0500 (EST)

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

Hi folks,
 
This update incorporates the feedback from WG last call. In 
particular, it includes the following changes:
 
 1. Corrected the spelling of FEDFS_ERR_UNKNOWN_CACHE 
 
 2. Added a single rule for how to encode "/" in a FedFsPathName.
 
    Since the FedFsPathName is a new type, only one encoding for "/"
    is defined (rfc3530bis is expected to allow two different ones)
 
    See http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08573.html
 
 3. Added a rule prohibiting the use of zero-length components
 
    See http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg08632.html
 
 4. Re-categorized NFSv2 and NFSv3 references as informative.

 5. Added the license as extractable text so that code
    extracted from the document automatically meets the
    "Status of this Memo" section's license requirements.