Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 08:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NSDB Protocol for Federated Filesystems
	Author(s)       : J. Lentini, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-10.txt
	Pages           : 61
	Date            : 2010-11-19

This document describes a filesystem federation protocol that enables
file access and namespace traversal across collections of
independently administered fileservers.  The protocol specifies a set
of interfaces by which fileservers with different administrators can
form a fileserver federation that provides a namespace composed of
the filesystems physically hosted on and exported by the constituent
fileservers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:05:54 -0500 (EST)

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

Hi folks,
 
This update incorporates the feedback from WG last call for the NSDB 
specification. In particular, it includes the following changes:

 1. Added the license as extractable text so that code
    extracted from the document automatically meets the
    "Status of this Memo" section's license requirements.
 
 2. Added an note highlighting use of the time-based UUID to
    the fedfsUuid description.

 3. Removed the option of using invalid UUIDs for debugging purposes 
    from the fedfsUuid description since such UUID strings are not 
    supported in the ONC RPC Admin protocol.

 4. Updated the fedfsAnnotation description with ABNF rules defining the
    attribute's format.

After the completion of WG last call, there was some discussion 
about whether fedfsAnnotation keys must be unique. We'll wait to see 
if there are more opinions on this topic before making any changes 
in that area.

-james