Subject: [nfsv4] Personal drafts for NFSv4.2

From: Thomas Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 21:58:30 -0600

I've gone ahead and created very rough drafts of the first version of NFSv4.2:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haynes-nfsv4-minorversion2/

and

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haynes-nfsv4-minorversion2-dot-x/

In the main document, I've almost simply compiled together the following
documents:

pNFS Access Permissions Check
Sharing change attribute implementation details with NFSv4 clients
NFS Server-side Copy
NFS space reservation operations
Simple and Efficient Read Support for Sparse Files

For right now, I've kept the original sectioning of the documents, with
the full intent to rearrange to be more like the 3530bis and 5661 documents.

The intent is that the original draft authors can either drop changes
right in or at the very least I can do simple diffs to detect changes.

The main difference was in the creation of the XDR document and
using it to provide the XDR inside the NFSv4.2 document.

As a reminder, while the source does live on GitHub.com as:

https://github.com/loghyr/NFSv4.2

the authoritative repository of the I-Ds is at http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/nfsv4/

PS: As can be seen, the text in the NFSv4.2 is a modest 64 pages, almost
an order of magnitude reduction from 5661.

And due to my approach of keeping the XDR intact, the NFSv4.2 XDR
document will be at a minimum the same size of the NFSv4.1 XDR document.