Subject: [nfsv4] [3530] meeting minutes for 3/10/11

From: Thomas Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:58:05 -0600

3530bis Meeting Minutes, 3/10/2011
------------------------------------------------

Attendees
--------------

Tom Haynes (NetApp)
Trond Myklebust (NetApp)
Rob Thurlow (Oracle)
Peter Staubach (EMC)
Bruce Fields (RedHat)

Minutes
-----------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

 This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
 IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

   http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

 We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Item #4: Courtesy Locks

Bruce offered to review the section and/or mailing list for issues.

+ Item #57: Open owners for which some stateids are migrated and some are not.

We decided to go with the following

> I'm wondering if the conclusion isn't just that a client that supports
> migration MUST ensure that any open owner is confined to a single
> filesystem. If the server finds itself in the position above, then it
> MUST not migrate the state for the conflicting open owners on the second
> filesystem: instead it returns NFS4ERR_STALE_STATEID if the client tries
> to use those stateids.

+ Last call

We currently have draft-08 available. The changes for Item #57, any
for #4 will be going into draft-09, which will be submitted in time to
make the cut for Prague.

draft-09 will be the candidate for the Last Call process.

+ All other business

Rob brought up an issue that Solaris has seen in migration when two filesystems
are migrated from Server A to B and dealing with client IDs.

Bill (Baker, Oracle) will be posting the issue to the WG alias.

+ Thanks