Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 07:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NSDB Protocol for Federated Filesystems
	Author(s)       : J. Lentini, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-11.txt
	Pages           : 63
	Date            : 2011-03-11

This document describes a filesystem federation protocol that enables
file access and namespace traversal across collections of
independently administered fileservers.  The protocol specifies a set
of interfaces by which fileservers with different administrators can
form a fileserver federation that provides a namespace composed of
the filesystems physically hosted on and exported by the constituent
fileservers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:31:27 -0500 (EST)

This update incorporates the WG last call feedback.

As you'll recall, there was a desire to prevent incompatible uses of 
the fedfsAnnotation keys. To address that, an IANA registry for 
fedfsAnnotation keys with a light weight first come, first served 
policy will be created. Similarly, an IANA registry for administering 
the FedFS OID range will be created. Also in this update, an error in 
the description of how a fedfsAnnotation attribute is processed (parse 
first then replace escape sequences) was corrected.

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:30:00 +0000

Thanks for incorporating these, James.  Given the limited scope of the
changes, I will move forward with shepherding the documents to the IESG.
If there are any changes needed, we will deal with them during that
process.

Spencer

On 3/11/11 7:31 AM, "James Lentini" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>nfsv4 mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4