Subject: [nfsv4] 5.9. Interpreting owner and owner_group

From: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:24:58 +0100

Hi all,

Looking at http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-16.txt ...

Through the section 5.9 there are few places where the user@domain form is used
and few others with user@dns_domain. I think just one form should be used
consistently.

The other minor issue I found is that there are several places where "the the"
is used (I found four occurences). An example is here:

   The client MUST always accept numeric values if the security
   mechanism is not RPCSEC_GSS.  A client can determine if a server
   supports numeric identifiers by first attempting to provide a numeric
   identifier.  If this attempt rejected with an NFS4ERR_BADOWNER error,
   the the client should only use named identifiers of the form "user@
   ^^^^^^^
   dns_domain".

Thanks.

-- 
Marcel Telka
RPE, Systems

---

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:50:44 +0100

> and few others with user@dns_domain. I think just one form should be used

user@dns_domain is incorrect. The NFSv4 namespace domain is not required
to be linked to DNS, so the correct form is to always use user@domain.

Trond
-- 
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer

NetApp
[email-masked]
www.netapp.com