Subject: [nfsv4] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5661 (3064)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 12:07:22 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5661,
"Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5661&eid=3064

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: David Black <[email-masked]>

Section: 12.5.4

Original Text
-------------
   The LAYOUTCOMMIT operation is responsible for committing a modified
   layout to the metadata server.  The data should be written and
   committed to the appropriate storage devices before the LAYOUTCOMMIT
   occurs.  The scope of the LAYOUTCOMMIT operation depends on the
   storage protocol in use.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The LAYOUTCOMMIT operation is responsible for committing a modified
   layout to the metadata server.  The data should be written and
   committed to the appropriate storage devices before the LAYOUTCOMMIT
   occurs.  The scope of data committed by a LAYOUTCOMMIT operation is
   specific to the type of layout because that scope depends on the
   storage protocol in use.

Notes
-----
Errata 1 of 5 to deprecate loca_offset and loca_length arguments to LAYOUTCOMMIT.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5661 (draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-29)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol
Publication Date    : January 2010
Author(s)           : S. Shepler, Ed., M. Eisler, Ed., D. Noveck, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network File System Version 4
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG