Subject: [nfsv4] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5661 (3068)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 12:15:22 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5661,
"Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5661&eid=3068

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: David Black <[email-masked]>

Section: 18.42.3

Original Text
-------------
   The loca_last_write_offset field specifies the offset of the last
   byte written by the client previous to the LAYOUTCOMMIT.  Note that
   this value is never equal to the file's size (at most it is one byte
   less than the file's size) and MUST be less than or equal to
   NFS4_MAXFILEOFF.  Also, loca_last_write_offset MUST overlap the range
   described by loca_offset and loca_length. 

Corrected Text
--------------
   The loca_last_write_offset field specifies the offset of the last
   byte written by the client previous to the LAYOUTCOMMIT.  Note that
   this value is never equal to the file's size (at most it is one byte
   less than the file's size) and MUST be less than or equal to
   NFS4_MAXFILEOFF.

Notes
-----
Errata 5 of 5 to deprecate loca_offset and loca_length arguments to LAYOUTCOMMIT.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5661 (draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-29)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol
Publication Date    : January 2010
Author(s)           : S. Shepler, Ed., M. Eisler, Ed., D. Noveck, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network File System Version 4
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG