Subject: [nfsv4] Since 3530bis will not die...

From: "Haynes, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:11:12 +0000

5661 has this list for NFS4ERR_DELAY:

>    | NFS4ERR_DELAY                     | ACCESS, BACKCHANNEL_CTL,      |
>    |                                   | BIND_CONN_TO_SESSION,         |
>    |                                   | CB_GETATTR, CB_LAYOUTRECALL,  |
>    |                                   | CB_NOTIFY,                    |
>    |                                   | CB_NOTIFY_DEVICEID,           |
>    |                                   | CB_NOTIFY_LOCK,               |
>    |                                   | CB_PUSH_DELEG, CB_RECALL,     |
>    |                                   | CB_RECALLABLE_OBJ_AVAIL,      |
>    |                                   | CB_RECALL_ANY,                |
>    |                                   | CB_RECALL_SLOT, CB_SEQUENCE,  |
>    |                                   | CB_WANTS_CANCELLED, CLOSE,    |
>    |                                   | COMMIT, CREATE,               |
>    |                                   | CREATE_SESSION, DELEGPURGE,   |
>    |                                   | DELEGRETURN,                  |
>    |                                   | DESTROY_CLIENTID,             |
>    |                                   | DESTROY_SESSION, EXCHANGE_ID, |
>    |                                   | FREE_STATEID, GETATTR,        |
>    |                                   | GETDEVICEINFO, GETDEVICELIST, |
>    |                                   | GET_DIR_DELEGATION,           |
>    |                                   | LAYOUTCOMMIT, LAYOUTGET,      |
>    |                                   | LAYOUTRETURN, LINK, LOCK,     |
>    |                                   | LOCKT, LOCKU, LOOKUP,         |
>    |                                   | LOOKUPP, NVERIFY, OPEN,       |
>    |                                   | OPENATTR, OPEN_DOWNGRADE,     |
>    |                                   | PUTFH, PUTPUBFH, PUTROOTFH,   |
>    |                                   | READ, READDIR, READLINK,      |
>    |                                   | RECLAIM_COMPLETE, REMOVE,     |
>    |                                   | RENAME, SECINFO,              |
>    |                                   | SECINFO_NO_NAME, SEQUENCE,    |
>    |                                   | SETATTR, SET_SSV,             |
>    |                                   | TEST_STATEID, VERIFY,         |
>    |                                   | WANT_DELEGATION, WRITE        |

while the current draft of 3530bis has this:

>    | NFS4ERR_DELAY            | ACCESS, CB_GETATTR, CB_RECALL, CLOSE,  |
>    |                          | CREATE, GETATTR, LINK, LOCK, LOCKT,    |
>    |                          | LOCKU, LOOKUPP, NVERIFY, OPEN,         |
>    |                          | OPENATTR, OPEN_DOWNGRADE, PUTFH,       |
>    |                          | PUTPUBFH, PUTROOTFH, READ, READDIR,    |
>    |                          | READLINK, REMOVE, RENAME, SECINFO,     |
>    |                          | SETATTR, SETCLIENTID,                  |
>    |                          | SETCLIENTID_CONFIRM, VERIFY, WRITE     |

Since the code is probably shared in most implementations, I propose
we allow 3530bis to return NFS4ERR_DELAY for:

COMMIT
DELEGPURGE
DELEGRETURN
LOOKUP