Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 21:08:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NFS Version 4 Minor Version 2
	Author(s)       : Thomas Haynes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-14.txt
	Pages           : 87
	Date            : 2012-09-30

Abstract:
   This Internet-Draft describes NFS version 4 minor version two,
   focusing mainly on the protocol extensions made from NFS version 4
   minor version 0 and NFS version 4 minor version 1.  Major extensions
   introduced in NFS version 4 minor version two include: Server-side
   Copy, Application I/O Advise, Space Reservations, Sparse Files,
   Application Data Blocks, and Labeled NFS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-14

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Haynes, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 04:15:13 +0000

This has the locking state changes needed for the copy offload operations.

It also renames the necessary operations to OFFLOAD_* that we will use for
the asynchronous initialization operation.

It renames ADB -> ADH.

It does not tie together the OFFLOAD and initialization.

It does not fix the callback versus delegation issues for Labeled NFS.

And it does not rename INITIALIZE.

On Sep 30, 2012, at 9:08 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4