Subject: [nfsv4] 3530bis-24: wrong cross-reference?

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 15:47:02 -0800

Sorry for the late comment.  Section 9.1.1 says

   The client must also employ the SETCLIENTID operation when it
   receives a NFS4ERR_STALE_STATEID error using a stateid derived from
   its current client ID, since this also indicates a server reboot
   which has invalidated the existing client ID (see Section 9.1.4 for
   details).

But Section 9.1.4 is a discussion of lock-owner.  Should the
cross-reference be to 9.6.2 instead?

mike

---

From: "Haynes, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:47:35 +0000

On Feb 17, 2013, at 3:47 PM, Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

In 3530, the equivalent to 9.1.4 had the appropriate text.

In 3530bis, the corresponding text has been deleted.

I think your suggestion of 9.6.2 is best.

I'll make that change after LC is over.