Subject: [nfsv4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x-16.txt> (Network File System (NFS) Version 4 External Data Representation Standard (XDR) Description) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 07:24:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Network File System (NFS) Version 4 External Data Representation
   Standard (XDR) Description'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-04-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Network File System (NFS) version 4 is a distributed filesystem
   protocol which owes heritage to NFS protocol version 2, RFC 1094, and
   version 3, RFC 1813.  Unlike earlier versions, the NFS version 4
   protocol supports traditional file access while integrating support
   for file locking and the mount protocol.  In addition, support for
   strong security (and its negotiation), compound operations, client
   caching, and internationalization have been added.  Of course,
   attention has been applied to making NFS version 4 operate well in an
   Internet environment.

   RFC3530bis is formally obsoleting RFC 3530.  But this document,
   together with RFC3530bis replaces RFC 3530 as the definition of the
   NFS version 4 protocol.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.