Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-26.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 08:55:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol
	Author(s)       : Thomas Haynes
                          David Noveck
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-26.txt
	Pages           : 322
	Date            : 2013-05-08

Abstract:
   The Network File System (NFS) version 4 is a distributed filesystem
   protocol which owes heritage to NFS protocol version 2, RFC 1094, and
   version 3, RFC 1813.  Unlike earlier versions, the NFS version 4
   protocol supports traditional file access while integrating support
   for file locking and the mount protocol.  In addition, support for
   strong security (and its negotiation), compound operations, client
   caching, and internationalization have been added.  Of course,
   attention has been applied to making NFS version 4 operate well in an
   Internet environment.

   This document, together with the companion XDR description document,
   RFCNFSv4XDR, obsoletes RFC 3530 as the definition of the NFS version
   4 protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-26

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-26

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 18:18:36 +0200

Two typos I just noticed:

1. Double requests
------------------

This document, together with the companion XDR description document
[I-D.ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x], obsoletes RFC 3530 [RFC3530] as
the authoritative document describing NFSv4. It does not introduce
any over-the-wire protocol changes, in the sense that previously
valid requests requests ramain valid. However, some requests
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
previously defined as invalid, although not generally rejected, are
now explicitly allowed, in that internationalization handling has
been generalized and liberalized.

2. ermutations
--------------

Because some NFSv4 clients and servers have case insensitive
semantics, the fifteen additional lower case and mixed case
ermutations of each of "EXPE", "PRIV", and "STDS", are Reserved (e.g.
^^^^^^^^^^^
"expe", "expE", "exPe", etc. are Reserved).  Similarly, IANA must not
allow two assignments that would conflict if both named attributes
were converted to a common case.

Thanks.

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 08:55:06AM -0700, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

-- 
+-------------------------------------------+
| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   [email-masked]  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |
|                jabber:   [email-masked] |
+-------------------------------------------+

---

From: "Haynes, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 16:59:43 +0000

Thanks