Subject: Re: [nfsv4] [apps-discuss] 回复: Re: AppsDir review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-25

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 09:18:41 -0700

At 23:20 07-05-2013, Jiankang Yao wrote:
>  thanks for your kind reply.
>Your suggested change is one way to improve this document.
>but I suggest you to ask more internationalization experts' comments 
>about this

[snip]

>From: Haynes, Tom
>Date: 2013-05-08 12:23
>To: Jiankang YAO
>CC: ;
>Subject: Re: AppsDir review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-25
>Hi  Jiankang,
>
>I spoke with our internationalization expert and they describe that our use of
>stringprep is informative and as a guideline.
>
>As such, we will move the reference to no longer be normative and thus
>keep the document to refer to the existing version of UNICODE.

This is a comment and not expert advice.

RFC 6885 mentions that Stringprep is bound to Version 3.2 of Unicode 
and that protocols using it are stuck on that version.  I don't 
recall the status of the working group work.

 From Section 12.1.1:

   "NFSv4, while it does make normative references to stringprep and uses
    elements of that framework, it does not, for reasons that are
    explained below, conform to that framework, for all of the strings
    that are used within it."

It is unclear whether the use of stringprep is informative or 
normative.  Section 12 of the draft is well-written.  Some of the 
issues mentioned in that section have been raised during the IDNA 
discussions.  Section 12 would benefit from more review.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy