Subject: [nfsv4] general feedback on rfc3530bis-27

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 12:56:12 -0700

I've got one technical comment and several editorial comments.

1. Technical comments

- Section 13.1: there's some confusion about the values of NFS4ERR_IO
  and NFS4ERR_NXIO.  Assuming that we want compatibility with the values
  used in NFSv3, NFS4ERR_IO should be 5, and NFS4ERR_NXIO should be 6.
  The table at the start of Section 13.1 has it right, but Sections
  13.1.4.6 and 13.1.4.11 have it backwards.

2. Editorial comments

- Section 5.9, page 50: "than a a" -> "than a"

- Section 7.1: "identifies the export of name space" seems clunky.  Maybe
  "identifies an object in the exported name space"?

- (nit) Section 7.6 uses "pseudo-file system", but Section 7.5 uses
  "pseudo file system".  Be consistent.

- Section 12.4 (p. 169): "independent of role the" -> "independent of the
  role"

- Section 12.4 (p. 169): this page has the first mention of A-label; it
  should have a "(see [RFC5890])" after "A-label".

- Section 12.4 (p. 169) has this sentence: 

	When the
	server does not map domain strings which are not U-labels into a
	U-label, which it MAY do, it MUST NOT modify the domain and the
	domain returned on a GETATTR of the userid MUST be the same as that
	used when setting the userid by the SETATTR.

  "domain and the" -> "domain, and the"

- Section 18.1, first sentence: "had created" -> "has created".

cheers,
mike