Subject: [nfsv4] I-D on I18N lessons -- submit?

From: Nico Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 12:01:15 -0500

I just wrote an I-D with the intention of capturing some of the lessons
we've learned from NFSv4, Kerberos, ...  It's fairly barebones right
now, but it captures a lot of what I think I've learned from NFSv4 I18N.

Specifically as it relates to NFSv4 I want to cover the I18N boundary
analysis topic in an informative way, so that it needn't burden the text
for RFC3530bis.

Is this something we should pursue?  It might help a) with getting the
IESG on-board with whatever updates we intend to make to NFSv4 I18N, b)
others in other IETF areas/WGs.

https://raw.github.com/nicowilliams/kitten/master/i18n-boundaries.txt

Comments?

Nico
--

---

From: "Noveck, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 11:57:07 -0400

I think this should be pursued.

I'm not sure if it should be submitted now (i.e. before rfc3530bis is approved).  I think this really should be up to Martin and whoever is going to help him present rfc3530bis to the IESG (Spencer or David Black, I'm not sure).   This stuff would surely help with any later version of internationalization handling,, but the short-term submission question is different.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Nico Williams
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 1:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nfsv4] I-D on I18N lessons -- submit?

I just wrote an I-D with the intention of capturing some of the lessons we've learned from NFSv4, Kerberos, ...  It's fairly barebones right now, but it captures a lot of what I think I've learned from NFSv4 I18N.

Specifically as it relates to NFSv4 I want to cover the I18N boundary analysis topic in an informative way, so that it needn't burden the text for RFC3530bis.

Is this something we should pursue?  It might help a) with getting the IESG on-board with whatever updates we intend to make to NFSv4 I18N, b) others in other IETF areas/WGs.

Comments?

Nico
--
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4