Subject: [nfsv4] RFC3530bis - Valid errors clarification

From: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:27:51 +0200

Hi,

Chapter 13.2. reads:

   This section contains a table which gives the valid error returns for
   each protocol operation.  The error code NFS4_OK (indicating no
   error) is not listed but should be understood to be returnable by all
   operations except ILLEGAL.

Is my interpretation correct that the NFSv4 server is not allowed to return
other error than those specified in the table following the paragraph above?

IOW, for example, if an NFSv4 server will return NFS4ERR_ADMIN_REVOKED for
ACCESS operation, does it mean that this NFSv4 server violates RFC3530bis?

If that's the case, could we add an explicit sentence to this chapter saying
something like: NFSv4 server SHALL NOT return error not specified here.

Thanks.

-- 
+-------------------------------------------+
| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   [email-masked]  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |
|                jabber:   [email-masked] |
+-------------------------------------------+