Subject: [nfsv4] update pnfs metastripe draft

From: "Matt W. Benjamin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:45:14 -0400 (EDT)

As noted in the WG meeting, we've updated the current pNFS metastripe
draft.

IETF tools confirmation:

A new version of I-D, draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Matt Benjamin and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:                draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe
Revision:        03
Title:                pNFS Metadata Striping
Document date:        2014-07-24
Group:                Individual Submission
Pages:                23
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-03
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-03

Abstract:
   This Internet-Draft describes a means to add metadata striping to
   pNFS.  The text of this draft is substantially based on prior drafts
   by Eisler, M., with some departures.  The current draft attempts to
   define a somewhat lighter-weight protocol, in particular, seeks to
   permit striping for "filehandle only" operations such as LOCK and
   OPEN + CLAIM_FH, without clients having to obtain metadata layouts on
   regular files.  We gratefully acknowledge the primary contributions
   of Mike Eisler, Pranoop Ersani, and others.

Internet Draft Comments

   Comments regarding this draft are solicited.

Thanks,

Matt

-- 
Matt Benjamin
CohortFS, LLC.
206 South Fifth Ave. Suite 150
Ann Arbor, MI  48104

http://cohortfs.com

tel.  734-761-4689 
fax.  734-769-8938 
cel.  734-216-5309