Subject: [nfsv4] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5663 (4141)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:11:32 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5663,
"Parallel NFS (pNFS) Block/Volume Layout".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5663&eid=4141

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.2.2

Original Text
-------------

Corrected Text
--------------
   The volume size of a PNFS_BLOCK_VOLUME_SIMPLE volume must be obtained
   by the client from the storage subsystem as no size is provided in
   the XDR. All volumes listed in bsv_volumes of a
   struct pnfs_block_stripe_volume_info4 must be the same size.  If
   the size of the volumes listed in a stripe set does not align
   to the bsv_stripe_unit, the last stripe should be treated as
   having a size of volume size modulo the stripe size.
   The volume size of a PNFS_BLOCK_VOLUME_SLICE volume is the sum
   of the volume sizes of each component listed in bsv_volumes.
   The volume size of a PNFS_BLOCK_VOLUME_CONCAT volume is the sum
   of the volume sizes of each component listed in bcv_volumes.

Notes
-----
RFC5663 provides no explanation of the volume types except for a few sparse comments in the XDR.  Explain at least basic size related rules.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5663 (draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-block-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Parallel NFS (pNFS) Block/Volume Layout
Publication Date    : January 2010
Author(s)           : D. Black, S. Fridella, J. Glasgow
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network File System Version 4
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG