Subject: [nfsv4] Last call for draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-03.txt - move to standards track - Ends Feb 6th

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 16:53:33 +0000

Per request of our AD, the Layout Types I-D has changed from information to standards track.

We will be running a short last call for this change to solicit feedback from the WG.

The last call will close this Friday, Feb 6th.

Thanks,
Spencer

Requirements for pNFS Layout Types
draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-03.txt
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types/

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 12:37:22 -0500

I'll cover  these issues in more detail in my review of the document, but
getting that out is not likely to happen before 2/6, so let me just quickly
address the issue of the shift to standards track.

The real question here is whether someone who wants to understand the
requirements  for pNFS mapping types  should read chapter 12 of RFC5661 or
the layout-types document, once it is completed and approved.

If the latter, then it makes sense to mark this as updating RFC5661
(already done in the -02) and make it standards track (now done in the
-03).  These two go together.  I can't see just doing one of these two..

On the other hand, I can't see much point going forward with this document
as an informational one.  If it says the same thing as chapter 12,there
isn't much point and if they significantly differ, having two documents
covering the same material is liable to increase entropy/confusion.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>
>