Subject: [nfsv4] RFC 7532 on Namespace Database (NSDB) Protocol for Federated File Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:34:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7532

        Title:      Namespace Database (NSDB) Protocol for 
                    Federated File Systems 
        Author:     J. Lentini, R. Tewari, C. Lever, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      65
        Characters: 127373
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7532

This document describes a file system federation protocol that
enables file access and namespace traversal across collections of
independently administered fileservers.  The protocol specifies a set
of interfaces by which fileservers with different administrators can
form a fileserver federation that provides a namespace composed of
the file systems physically hosted on and exported by the constituent
fileservers.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC