Subject: [nfsv4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-03.txt> (Requirements for pNFS Layout Types) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:01:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for pNFS Layout Types'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides help in distinguishing between the
   requirements for Network File System (NFS) version 4.1's Parallel NFS
   (pNFS) and those those specifically directed to the pNFS File Layout.
   The lack of a clear separation between the two set of requirements
   has been troublesome for those specifying and evaluating new Layout
   Types.  As this document clarifies RFC5661, it effectively updates
   RFC5661.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.