Subject: [nfsv4] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-03: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 08:05:05 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some nits and editorial comments, as mentioned by Menachem in his OPS-DIR
review:

NITS
====

The tool has found the following: 

 == Outdated reference: A later version (-05) exists of
     draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-02

Additional NITS
===============

Abstract First Sentence: Repetition of the word "those".

This document provides help in distinguishing between the requirements
for Network File System (NFS) version 4.1's Parallel NFS (pNFS) and those
those specifically directed to the pNFS File Layout.

Section 2: Definitions - Not sure whether the word :striped" was intended
here.

Data Server (DS): is one of the pNFS servers which provide the contents
of a file system object which is a regular file. Depending on the layout,
there might be one or more data servers over which the data is striped. 

Section 2: Definitions - Suggest "lay out" rather than "lays out".

Layout Type: describes both the storage protocol used to access the data
and the aggregation scheme used to lays out the file data on the
underlying storage devices. 

Section 3.3: Editorial Requirements - Suggest "separately" rather than
"separably"

"While these could be envisioned as one section in that the fencing
 issue might be the only security issue, it is recommended to deal
 with them separably."