Subject: [nfsv4] Kathleen Moriarty's Discuss on draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-03: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 12:21:47 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-03: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your work on this draft.  I would expect the security
consideration to discuss the shift to security at the client as well as
to see some text on access controls and access checks, which may just
refer to existing sections.  

The SecDir review had similar comments with some specific suggestions
that do not appear to have been addressed, but please do point me to the
thread if there has been follow up.  Specifically, better organization of
the security considerations is requested and I agree with Joe's
assessment.
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/secdir/current/msg05662.html