Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 14:06:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) Flexible File Layout
        Authors         : Benny Halevy
                          Thomas Haynes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-07.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2016-01-22

Abstract:
   The Parallel Network File System (pNFS) allows a separation between
   the metadata (onto a metadata server) and data (onto a storage
   device) for a file.  The Flexible File Layout Type is defined in this
   document as an extension to pNFS to allow the use of storage devices
   in a fashion such that they require only a quite limited degree of
   interaction with the metadata server, using already existing
   protocols.  Client side mirroring is also added to provide
   replication of files.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/