Subject: [nfsv4] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update-07: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 06:49:25 -0800

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Alissa's discuss about client ids and
apologies also from me for not spotting that in 7530.  The
persistent-across-reboots-forever thing that this seems to
be encouraging (if I'm reading it correctly) is just a bit
much really. But maybe we're lucky in that we now have a
chance to improve on that. (Further apologies for not 
having actually had time to read this properly, I'm happy
to be part of a discussion on how what to do here if
that helps though and will read it properly if involved
in that;-)