Subject: [nfsv4] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-08: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 11:57:14 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

For the security considerations, it would be good to include a few
examples of the security provided by iSCSI, like encryption via IPsec
(tunnel and transport mode - IMO opinion this RFC makes it difficult to
set this up in an interoperable way, but that's not the responsibility of
this draft), authentication, etc.  RFC7143 is such a large document, just
a pointer isn't as helpful here in comparison to the no security example.
 This is just at the comment level since the pointer is technically
sufficient, but sets one up for a lot of reading.