Subject: [nfsv4] RFC 7861 on Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Security Version 3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 13:41:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7861

        Title:      Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Security Version 3 
        Author:     A. Adamson, N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 53813
        Updates:    RFC 5403

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcsec-gssv3-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7861

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7861

This document specifies version 3 of the Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
security protocol (RPCSEC_GSS).  This protocol provides support for
multi-principal authentication of client hosts and user principals to
a server (constructed by generic composition), security label
assertions for multi-level security and type enforcement, structured
privilege assertions, and channel bindings.  This document updates
RFC 5403.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC