Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 08:40:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 of the IETF.

        Title           : NFSv4 migration: Implementation Experience and Specification Issues
        Authors         : David Noveck
                          Piyush Shivam
                          Charles Lever
                          Bill Baker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-11.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2017-02-08

Abstract:
   The migration feature of NFSv4 provides for moving responsibility for
   a single filesystem from one server to another, without disruption to
   clients.  Implementation experience has shown problems in
   specification for this feature in RFC7530.  This document explains
   the choices made to address these issues by updating the NFSv4.0
   specification in RFC7931 and those to be made with regard to the
   NFSv4.1 specification, in order to properly address migration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 13:36:06 -0500

Since this is in state "AD is watching", I might as well explain what is
happening
with this document, i.e. not very much.

This is an informational document that probably doesn't make sense to
publish
as an Informational RFC.  It's function was to explain what needs/needed to
be
done in associated standards track documents.  It is basically the
migration parallel
to draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5666-implementation-experience,

As each expiration has occurred, I've changed the v4.0 text to reflect the
fact that
the work needed has already been done, i.e. in RFC7831.  Next time it
expires
I will take the final step of deleting the v4.0 material.

The work that needs to be done for v4.1 is much smaller, although,
unfortunately,
it is too big for the erratta mechanism.  It makes sense to leave this
document
around, possibly re-titled, to reflect the need for these issues to
eventually be tackled
in v4.1.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-11.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 of the IETF.

        Title           : NFSv4 migration: Implementation Experience and
Specification Issues
        Authors         : David Noveck
                          Piyush Shivam
                          Charles Lever
                          Bill Baker
        Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-11.txt
        Pages           : 21
        Date            : 2017-02-08

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4