Subject: [nfsv4] RFC 7530: 9.1.7. Sequencing of Lock Requests

From: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:46:58 +0100

Hi,

While reading this:

   When a request is received, its sequence number (r) is compared to
   that of the last one received (L).  Only if it has the correct next
   sequence, normally L + 1, is the request processed beyond the point
   of seqid checking.  Given a properly functioning client, the response
*  to (r) must have been received before the last request (L) was sent.
   If a duplicate of last request (r == L) is received, the stored
   response is returned.  If the sequence value received is any other
   value, it is rejected with the return of error NFS4ERR_BAD_SEQID.
   Sequence history is reinitialized whenever the SETCLIENTID/
   SETCLIENTID_CONFIRM sequence changes the client verifier.

I realized that at the line marked by asterisk both (r) and (L) are probably
swapped.  What do you think?

Thanks.

-- 
+-------------------------------------------+
| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   [email-masked]  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |
|                jabber:   [email-masked] |
+-------------------------------------------+

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 19:32:22 -0500

I think you are right.  The sentence should read:

Given a properly functioning client, the response to (L) must have been
received before the subsequent request (r) was sent.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Marcel Telka <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>