Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-12.txt

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:30:05 -0400

This new version is a major change which shifts the focus of the document
decisively to v4.1.  There are only a few pages left regarding v4.0 which
briefly explain the reasons RFC7931 was done.

I had originally planned to wait until -11 was ready to expire to continue
the gradual shift toward v4.1 that has been going on for the last few
revisions.  However, some questions that Chuck raised about v4.1 migration
caused me to realize that more v4.1-related material was needed.  I have
incorporated a number of Chuck's suggestions.  Some of the new material on
the relationship between trunking and migration is relevant to the recent
discussion of trunking discovery issues.  Most of that is in Section 4.2.4.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 7:08 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-12.txt
To: David Noveck <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Charles
Lever <[email-masked]>, Bill Baker <[email-masked]>, Piyush
Shivam <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-12.txt
has been successfully submitted by David Noveck and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues
Revision:       12
Title:          NFSv4 migration: Implementation Experience and
Specification Issues
Document date:  2017-03-29
Group:          nfsv4
Pages:          24
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-
migration-issues-12.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-
migration-issues/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-
issues-12
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-
migration-issues-12
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-
migration-issues-12

Abstract:
   The migration feature of NFSv4 provides for moving responsibility for
   a single filesystem from one server to another, without disruption to
   clients.  A number of problems in the specification of this feature
   in NFSv4.0 were resolved by the publication of RFC 7931.  In
   addition, there are specification issues to be resolved with regard
   to the NFSv4.1 version of this feature which are discussed in this
   document.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat