Subject: [nfsv4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-03.txt> (Allowing Inheritable NFSv4 ACLs to Override the Umask) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 13:08:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Allowing Inheritable NFSv4 ACLs to Override the Umask'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In many important environments, inheritable NFSv4 ACLs can be
   rendered ineffective by the application of the per-process umask.
   This can be addressed by transmitting the umask and create mode as
   separate pieces of data, allowing the server to make more intelligent
   decisions about the permissions to set on new files.  This document
   proposes a protocol extension which accomplishes that.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.