Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 10:07:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 of the IETF.

        Title           : NFSv4 Migration and Trunking: Implementation and Specification Issues
        Authors         : David Noveck
                          Piyush Shivam
                          Charles Lever
                          Bill Baker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-13.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2017-05-16

Abstract:
   This document discusses a range of implementation and specification
   issues concerning features related to the use of location-related
   attributes in NFSv4.  These include migration, which transfers
   responsibility for a file system from one server to another, and
   trunking which deals with the discovery and control of the set of
   network addresses to use to access a file system.  The focus of the
   discussion, which relates to multiple minor versions, is on providing
   appropriate clarification and correction of existing specifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 13:27:01 -0400

I've submitted migration-issues-13 which is a big change from -12 and has a
new title. This includes material on trunking-related issues and covers the
interaction of trunking and migration.  In addition, there is more detail
on some other v4.1 issues. As a result of all the new material and some
re-organization, a diff from -12 is less helpful than you might expect.

I think I've reached a natural stopping point on this work but I anticipate
there will be working group discussion of this document and I will update
the document and publish  new versions as necessary.  I expect that process
may go on for a considerable time.  In my current charter draft, I've
proposed 3/2018 as a WGLC target date.

I'll be talking about this document at IETF-99.  My hope is that we will be
prepared to make decisions about some follow-on working group
standards-track documents soon after that.

In the mean time, I'll be working on some precursor I-D's.  If anyone has
time  to author or co-author one of these documents, let me know so we can
co-ordinate our efforts.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, May 16, 2017 at 1:07 PM
Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-13.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 of the IETF.

        Title           : NFSv4 Migration and Trunking: Implementation and
Specification Issues
        Authors         : David Noveck
                          Piyush Shivam
                          Charles Lever
                          Bill Baker
        Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-13.txt
        Pages           : 41
        Date            : 2017-05-16

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4