Subject: [nfsv4] RFC 8154 on Parallel NFS (pNFS) Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) Layout

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 18:33:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8154

        Title:      Parallel NFS (pNFS) Small Computer 
                    System Interface (SCSI) Layout 
        Author:     C. Hellwig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 72094
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8154

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8154

The Parallel Network File System (pNFS) allows a separation between
the metadata (onto a metadata server) and data (onto a storage
device) for a file.  The Small Computer System Interface (SCSI)
layout type is defined in this document as an extension to pNFS to
allow the use of SCSI-based block storage devices.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 18:45:37 -0700

Congratulations, Christoph!

Appreciate your work.  Thanks to the working group and reviewers that
helped move this through the process.

Spencer

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 6:33 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>