Subject: [nfsv4] Protocol Action: 'Rules for NFSv4 Extensions and Minor Versions' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-nfsv4-versioning-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 08:04:39 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Rules for NFSv4 Extensions and Minor Versions'
  (draft-ietf-nfsv4-versioning-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-versioning/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the rules relating to the extension of the
   NFSv4 family of protocols.  It covers the creation of minor versions,
   the addition of optional features to existing minor versions, and the
   correction of flaws in features already published as Proposed
   Standards.  The rules relating to the construction of minor versions
   and the interaction of minor version implementations that appear in
   this document supersede the minor versioning rules in RFC 5661 and
   other RFCs defining minor versions.

Working Group Summary

   The working group has been supportive of this work with little to no
   contention over the approach and resultant content.  In fact, as a
   demonstration of support, there are two I-Ds that are being submitted
   along side this I-D that use the minor version feature mechanism
   described within.

Document Quality

   The quality of this document is high and is ready to move forward.
   It has received good review within the working group and the author is
   very familiar with the material and the style of the group.

   As noted above, two other documents that use this versioning
   technique are already in the publication process, so the working 
   group accepts this technique as a basis for future work.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Spencer Shepler
  Area Director: Spencer Dawkins