Subject: [nfsv4] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 06:17:23 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jürgen Schönwälder, in his OPS DIR review flagged the same comment as
Alexey:

I was a bit surprised to see that numeric values for NFSv4 protocol
extensions etc appear to be somewhat magically managed (section 8.6)
instead of using IANA but this likely has its own history and
reasons.