Subject: [nfsv4] Bakeathon Talk: NFS/RDMA Basics

From: Steve Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 21:30:11 -0400

Hello All!

At the upcoming Bakeathon Chuck Lever will be giving
a 3 part talk on the basics of NFS over RDMA and the ins
and outs on how to support it. The meeting is open to 
everyone who is interested so please feel free to join in.

The talks will be given at the Red Hat office in 
Westford MA. The address is: 314 Littleton Rd, Westford, MA 01886

The bluejeans access: https://bluejeans.com/5642721552/
(I've been told downloading the app works well)

The call in info: 1-888-847-2201 Conf code: 564.272.1552

The talk times are:
   *Tues Sept 26 10:00 am (EST)*
   *Tues Sept 26 03:00 pm (EST)*
   *Weds Sept 27 10:00 am (EST)*

The talks will be recorded and posted on either 
http://nfsv4bat.org/ or http://linux-nfs.org or both. 

Here is the synopsis of the talks

1. Introduction to RDMA verbs. This background talk describes the
building blocks used to implement RDMA-enabled storage protocols.

2. RPC-over-RDMA and NFS/RDMA. We'll discuss the details of how
RDMA verbs are used to move RPC and NFS requests, followed by a
look at actual wire traffic samples using Wireshark.

3. Code walk-through. This section is for folks who are permitted
to view GPL code. We'll examine the structure of the Linux NFS/RDMA
client and server implementations.

We are hoping for vibrant discussion. (Relevant) questions are welcome
at any time. Chuck will adjust the presentation depending on whether
there is already sufficient group knowledge in a topic area.

steved.

---

From: Steve Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:24:19 -0400

Just a quick reminder... this will start in 30mins or so... 

steved.

---

From: Steve Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 14:47:36 -0400

The second part of Chuck's will be starting in 15mins or so
Here is a link to the slides
   http://nfsv4bat.org/Documents/BakeAThon/2017/index.html

steved.

---

From: Steve Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:47:14 -0400

The third and final NFSoRDMA talk will begin in 15mis or so... 

The slides: http://nfsv4bat.org/Documents/BakeAThon/2017/index.html

steved.