Subject: [nfsv4] Protocol Action: 'Network File System (NFS) Upper Layer Binding To RPC-Over-RDMA Version 1' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 08:49:29 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Network File System (NFS) Upper Layer Binding To RPC-Over-RDMA Version
   1'
  (draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies Upper Layer Bindings of Network File System
   (NFS) protocol versions to RPC-over-RDMA Version One, enabling the
   use of Direct Data Placement.  This document obsoletes RFC 5667.

Working Group Summary

   The working group has been supportive of this work with little to no
   contention over the approach and resultant content.

Document Quality

   The quality of this document is high and is ready to move forward.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Spencer Shepler
  Area Director: Spencer Dawkins

RFC Editor Note

OLD

   An Upper Layer Binding specifies this agreement for one version or
   more versions of one RPC program.  Other operational details, such as
   RPC binding assignments, pairing Write chunks with result data items,
   and reply size estimation, are also specified by this Binding.

NEW

   An Upper Layer Binding specifies this agreement for one or more
   versions of one RPC program.  Other operational details, such as
   RPC binding assignments, pairing Write chunks with result data items,
   and reply size estimation, are also specified by this Binding.