Subject: [nfsv4] missing bits for flex files draft

From: Rick Macklem <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 21:54:02 +0000

Hi,

I just went looking (admittedly in the old draft12) for a definition of lou_body for
LAYOUTCOMMIT, I couldn't find it anywhere. (If it's there and I'm just blind, sorry
for the noise.)

It looks like it is empty (just like File Layout) according to wireshark for the Linux
client. Is that correct?

rick

---

From: Thomas Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:28:43 +0000

> On Sep 10, 2017, at 2:54 PM, Rick Macklem <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 

Hi Rick,

You are correct, it is missing. The simple reasons are:

1) We use FF_FLAGS_NO_LAYOUTCOMMIT

2) We need a sentence of the form:

   The NFSv4.1 file-based layout does not use this data type; if
   lou_type is LAYOUT4_NFSV4_1_FILES, the lou_body field MUST have a
   zero length.

ala

   The flex file layout does not use lou_body; if
   lou_type is LAYOUT4_FLEX_FILES, the lou_body field MUST have a
   zero length.

I’ll get this in the next round of edits I’ll have for the IESG.

Thanks,
Tom