Subject: [nfsv4] Adjustomg milestones to address Benoit's comments

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 07:28:25 -0400

Benoit's comments could be read as suggesting two milestone's per document,
 but I've continued to use the one-milestone-per-document framework
suggested by David Black as more manageable and understandable.  In
shifting most milestones from WGLC to "submit final" I've added three
months per milstone,assuming that the documents will have sufficient review
before entering WGLC to avoid major issues arising at that time.  The one
document that retains a WGLC milestone is one that may well never be
published as an (informational) RFC, although the working group is free to
decide otherwise:

In any case, the following is a proposed replacement section.

========================================================================
|   Date  |                Milestone                                   |
|---------+------------------------------------------------------------|
| 6/2018  | WGLC for draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues (Informational) |
|---------+------------------------------------------------------------|
| 6/2018  | Submit final document describing use of NVMe in accessing  |
|         | a pNFS SCSI Layout (as Proposed Standard)                  |
| 11/2018 | Submit final document describing NFSv4.0 trunking          |
|         | discovery (as Proposed Standard)                           |
| 1Q2019  | Submit final document describing NFSv4.1 trunking          |
|         | discovery (as Proposed Standard)                           |
| 1Q2019  | Submit final document describing Transparent State         |
|         | Migration in NFSv4.1 (as Proposed Standard)                |
| 2Q2019  | Submit final document describing CM private data           |
|         | convention for RPC-over-RDMA version 1 (Informational)     |
| 3Q2019  | Submit final document describing pNFS RDMA Layout (as      |
|         | Proposed Standard)                                         |
| 4Q2019  | Submit final document defining RPC-over-RDMA Version 2     |
|         | (as Proposed Standard).                                    |
========================================================================

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 12:07:15 +0000

Thanks, Dave. This is okay with me.

Spencer

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 7:28 AM David Noveck <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Benoit's comments could be read as suggesting two milestone's per
> document,  but I've continued to use the one-milestone-per-document
> framework suggested by David Black as more manageable and understandable.
> In shifting most milestones from WGLC to "submit final" I've added three
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>