Subject: [nfsv4] Remote Procedure Call (RPC) over AF_VSOCK draft 00

From: Stefan Hajnoczi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 10:59:28 +0000

The first draft of Remote Procedure Call (RPC) over AF_VSOCK is now
available for review:

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stefanha-nfsv4-rpc-over-vsock/

I have tried to incorporate feedback from the discussions we had on
the linux-nfs mailing list.

Jorgen: I've summarized the current AF_VSOCK standardization status
(i.e. there is no specification and implementors generally try to follow
VMCI semantics for compatibility).  VMware vSockets is a superset of
Linux AF_VSOCK because it has additional header files and APIs.  Is
there an authoritative reference for plain AF_VSOCK that I'm not aware
of?

Dexuan: I know you're busy but just keeping you in the loop in case
there is any interest from the Hyper-V side.

Thanks,
Stefan

---

From: Stefan Hajnoczi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 11:18:01 +0000

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 02:35:36PM +0000, Jorgen S. Hansen wrote:
> 
> > On Nov 24, 2017, at 11:59 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> No, unfortunately not. We only have the manual that you already provide a link to.

Okay, thanks.  I'm working on a vsock(7) Linux man page so that AF_VSOCK
has documentation similar to ip(7).  Will keep you and Dexuan
up-to-date.

Stefan