Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-01.txt

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 07:25:21 -0500

I've submitted a new version of draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update.

The output of rfcdiff makes the set of changes look more extensive than
they actually are, because there a lot of diffs that are simply the result
of section number changes. In any case, the following signficant changes
were made:

   - This document is marked as updating RFC5661 (if approved).  This is
   similar to the approach Chuck took in mv0-trunking-update.  There are
   matching changes in the abstract and introduction.
   - Titles have been changed for sections replacing those in RFC5661 and
   for new sections to be added to the NFSv4.1 specification.  This makes it
   easier to see how the NFSv4.1 specification would be updated if this
   document were to be approved.
   - The material in Appendix A has been reorganized.  The section
   classification scheme has been moved to section 3.3 as part of the new
   Section 3, "Preliminaries".  The actual classification of document sections
   remains in Appendix A.
   - There has been a major revision of the Security Considerations section.

Draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-13 will expire 11/17.  I hope to have -14
out by then.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 6:32 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-01.txt
To: David Noveck <[email-masked]>, Charles Lever <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by David Noveck and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update
Revision:       01
Title:          NFSv4.1 Update for Multi-Server Namespace
Document date:  2017-11-13
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          74
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-
mv1-msns-update-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-mv1-
msns-update/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-mv1-msns-
update-01
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-
mv1-msns-update-01
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-mv1-
msns-update-01

Abstract:
   This document presents necessary clarifications and corrections
   concerning features related to the use of location-related attributes
   in NFSv4.1.  These include migration, which transfers responsibility
   for a file system from one server to another, and trunking which
   deals with the discovery and control of the set of network addresses
   to use to access a file system.  This document updates RFC5661.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat