Subject: [nfsv4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-09.txt> (Requirements for pNFS Layout Types) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 10:44:02 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document: - 'Requirements for pNFS Layout
Types'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the requirements which individual pNFS layout
   types need to meet in order to work within the parallel NFS (pNFS)
   framework as defined in RFC5661.  In so doing, it aims to clearly
   distinguish between requirements for pNFS as a whole and those
   specifically directed to the pNFS File Layout.  The lack of a clear
   separation between the two set of requirements has been troublesome
   for those specifying and evaluating new Layout Types.  In this
   regard, this document updates RFC5661.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.