Subject: [nfsv4] Last call for draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues (going once, going twice, ...)

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 10:47:37 -0400

We are now in the last week of WGLC for this document and wanted to remind
people to complete the review by 9/21.   There haven't been any comments
since WGLC started but I assume that is principally because -16 is very
close to -15 which was already fairly close to done.  Still, it is worth
checking the diffs between -15 and -16 to make sure no new problems have
crept in.

As was previously discussed at ietf102, it is still an open question
whether this document will be published as an RFC.   I currently expect
that it won't and that implementers will rely on draft-ietf-mv0-trunking
issues (already through WGLC) and draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update (expect
WGLC in one to two months) when they want  information about the issues
discussed in migration-issues.  However, if you feel the working group
should publish this document as an informational RFC, please speak up.

The possibility that we will not publish this document as an RFC does not
reduce the importance of the WGLC review.   The main fuction of this
document is to identify the issues that are to be addressed in the RFCs
deriving from draft-ietf-nfsv4-{mv0-trunking,mv-msns}-update.  If there are
issues for v4.1 that we haven't addressed, it is better to identify those
now, rather than wait until we are in WGLC for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update.  For v4.0, the situation is more
complicated since we have been through WGLC, but, in the unlikely event we
do find unaddressed issues, we are better off dealing with them right now
as opposed to after the document has been taken up by the IESG or after it
is published as an RFC.

I'm preparing a draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-issues-02 based on the current
contents of draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-16.   I expect that to be out
in a few weeks but could delay it if there are issues turned up during the
rest of the WGLC for draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues.