Subject: [nfsv4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-02.txt> (NFS version 4.0 Trunking Update) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 17:57:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document: - 'NFS version 4.0 Trunking
Update'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Please note that this is a three-week Last Call, to allow for review after 
IETF 103, currently in progress. 

Abstract

   The file system location-related attribute in NFS version 4.0,
   fs_locations, informs clients about alternate locations of file
   systems.  An NFS version 4.0 client can use this information to
   handle migration and replication of server filesystems.  This
   document describes how an NFS version 4.0 client can additionally use
   this information to discover an NFS version 4.0 server's trunking
   capabilities.  This document updates RFC 7530.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.