Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: Your message to nfsv4 awaits moderator approval

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 05:41:43 -0500

>Your mail to 'nfsv4' with the subject
>
>    Re: Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on
> draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-03: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.

It could be that this will be stuck waiting for approval for a while.   If
there is anyone on the list, who would llike to see a copy soon, email me
and I'll forwad it to you.

> The reason it is being held:
>
>    Message body is too big: 103167 bytes with a limit of 100 KB

It appears that these limits are out of date.   Here we had a siginificant
set of IESG review comments aboout a working group document and the
authors' response.   Naturally, the working group was cc-d on the comments
but the reply-all response fell afoul of these limits.

In my view, these limits are way too small, but I'm not sure how to get
them changed.

In the past, I have had to break up document reviews into multiple messages
to stay under these limits, but it is not reasonable to ask the IESG
members to do the same.   As replies wind up including the material replied
to, these limits have become an impediment to communication.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 12:48 PM
Subject: Your message to nfsv4 awaits moderator approval
To: <[email-masked]>

Your mail to 'nfsv4' with the subject

    Re: Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on
draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-03: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.

The reason it is being held:

    Message body is too big: 103167 bytes with a limit of 100 KB

Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
this posting, please visit the following URL:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/confirm/nfsv4/698684426981eec164285b9b222d4a8c2a2f74d6

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 13:07:19 +0200

On 2019-1-22, at 12:41, David Noveck <[email-masked]> wrote:
> In my view, these limits are way too small, but I'm not sure how to get them changed.

The WG chairs have mailman admin rights for the list and can change any such settings.

Lars

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 07:53:23 -0500

In that case, I suggest the that the working group discuss this issue and
ask the chairs to make
the appropriate change.

As stated previously, I feel that 100K is way too small and has already
become a serious
impediment to the communication that the list is intended to facilitate. I
would prefer a 1M limit
but feels that it is essential that it is moved at least to 250K.

Other opinions?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 6:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Your message to nfsv4 awaits moderator approval
To: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Cc: NFSv4 <[email-masked]>

them changed.

The WG chairs have mailman admin rights for the list and can change any
such settings.

Lars

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 07:43:14 -0800

The maximum has already been increased. See my response from yesterday (if
it went out).

Spencer