Subject: [nfsv4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04.txt> (NFS Version 4.1 Update for Multi-Server Namespace) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 14:13:12 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document: - 'NFS Version 4.1 Update for
Multi-Server Namespace'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-02-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents necessary clarifications and corrections
   concerning features related to the use of attributes in NFSv4.1
   related to file system location.  These features include migration,
   which transfers responsibility for a file system from one server to
   another, and facilities to support trunking by allowing discovery of
   the set of network addresses to use to access a file system.  This
   document updates RFC5661.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.