Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 06:37:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : NFS version 4.0 Trunking Update
        Authors         : Charles Lever
                          David Noveck
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-02-01

Abstract:
   The file system location-related attribute in NFS version 4.0,
   fs_locations, informs clients about alternate locations of file
   systems.  An NFS version 4.0 client can use this information to
   handle migration and replication of server filesystems.  This
   document describes how an NFS version 4.0 client can additionally use
   this information to discover an NFS version 4.0 server's trunking
   capabilities.  This document updates RFC 7530.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 09:44:11 -0500

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-04.txt
> Date: February 1, 2019 at 9:37:39 AM EST
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> 
> 

Revision -04 attempts to address the outstanding DISCUSS and COMMENT
ballot positions. An XML comment requests RFC Editor attention to the
concern about "this document" v. "the current document".

--
Chuck Lever

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 11:05:33 -0600

> ballot positions. An XML comment requests RFC Editor attention to the

It does so [*], and I've cleared in the datatracker.

> concern about "this document" v. "the current document".

Excellent; thank you.

-Benjamin

[*] I think Section 5.2.3 was going to go with "need to support multiple
connection types" as well as the other changes made.

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 12:09:38 -0500

> On Feb 1, 2019, at 12:05 PM, Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

This sentence?

   Because of the need to support multiple connections, clients face the
   issue of determining the proper connection type to use when
   establishing a connection to a server network address.

I think you are correct, sorry for the oversight. I can either submit
another revision with this change or communicate the change to the RFC
Editor during AUTH48.

--
Chuck Lever

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:08:38 -0600

Hi, Chuck,

> another revision with this change or communicate the change to the RFC

It would be fine with me if you could submit that revision. That's more
reliable than remembering a change to be made in AUTH48, especially with
your AD switching out in the middle of the process.

Thanks!

Spencer

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 16:18:56 -0500

Hi Spencer (D) -

> On Feb 1, 2019, at 4:08 PM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi, Chuck, 
> 
> It would be fine with me if you could submit that revision. That's more reliable than remembering a change to be made in AUTH48, especially with your AD switching out in the middle of the process.

Done.

--
Chuck Lever