Subject: [nfsv4] Terry Manderson's Abstain on draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Datatracker on behalf of Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 02:52:54 -0800

Terry Manderson has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My review of this document took me some time as I had to do a side my side read
with RFC5661. While not normally a bad way to implement 'updates' I found
myself lost more times than not. The complexity of the updates in this way
loses readability and technical coherence, even though a lot of thought and
effort has been invested in this work. I think that the loss of readability and
technical coherence should be avoided for many reasons if not based alone on
what we currently see in the set of documents which describes DNS. On this
document I am balloting ABSTAIN as I feel that there are better ways to handle
the depth breadth of this update, however I will not stand in the way of
publication.