Subject: [nfsv4] Suresh Krishnan's Abstain on draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Datatracker on behalf of Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 06:20:08 -0800

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the authors for doing the hard work in creating this document. I
sincerely tried to give this document a proper review but, like my abstaining
co-ADs, I gave up along the way. The biggest issues for me were the
reorganizations, lack of information about interoperability and backward
compatibility with unupdated implementations, code snippet replacements with no
apparent change (e.g. section 14.1 replacing 18.35.1, section 14.2 replacing
18.35.2. etc.) and so on. I also think that doing a new version of RFC5661 with
the changes applied is the right way to go about this, but I will abstain so
that the WG and the responsible AD can make the call.