Subject: [nfsv4] Alissa Cooper's Abstain on draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Datatracker on behalf of Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 14:13:03 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Ben Campbell and am therefore abstaining. It seems like the proper
path to a more broadly usable specification would have been to obsolete RFC
5661 and produce a bis with the changes applied. I don't see an explanation
anywhere for why that was not done.

The RFC 8174 boilerplate should be used in Section 2.

The shepherd write-up notes an issue with "minor copyright dates." The issue is
not one of dates but rather about whether the pre-RFC5378 disclaimer is needed
or not.