Subject: [nfsv4] If you have implemnted NFSv4.2, please raise your hand

From: Rick Macklem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 21:41:14 +0000

Hi,

At this time, I am only aware of one NFSv4.2 implementation that has shipped
to users. That one is Linux and deviates from the RFC in several ways.
(I've been discussing these on [email-masked] and can post a
 summary here, if desired.)

I have a FreeBSD implementation, but it has not shipped to users yet.

Does anyone else have an implementation?

If yes, has it shipped to users yet?

How would you feel about the "spec" changing to agree with what
Linux has shipped, to minimize future interoperability issues?

rick

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 14:49:19 -0700

Rick (and the Linux contributors),

I would prefer that we evaluate the needed RFC changes directly before
deciding on whether to update the specifications - as opposed to a blanket
"is it okay".

I am supportive of making the specification changes if, through
implementation, the specification was found to be wrong, difficult to
implement, or a better interpretation was found through implementation.
That is the way it should be; But, we need to consider the changes in some
detail.

And yes, I am very interested to know of other, shipping implementations.

Spencer

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 2:41 PM Rick Macklem <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>