Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 06:28:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol
        Authors         : David Noveck
                          Charles Lever
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-02.txt
	Pages           : 662
	Date            : 2019-10-03

Abstract:
   This document describes the Network File System (NFS) version 4 minor
   version 1, including features retained from the base protocol (NFS
   version 4 minor version 0, which is specified in RFC 7530) and
   protocol extensions made subsequently.  The later minor version has
   no dependencies on NFS version 4 minor version 0, and is considered a
   separate protocol.

   This document obsoletes RFC5661.  It substantialy revises the
   treatment of features relating to multi-server namesapce superseding
   the description of those features appearing in RFC5661.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 10:27:42 -0400

This is pretty close to -01, as a diff will show.

Relative to -01, it contains:

   - Changes addressing comments in Magnus's review done 9/20.
   - Changes addressing pending errata for rfc5661: Summary is that eratta
   2006 is relevant and is adopted and extended in this version but that the
   other rfc5661 erratas are not relevant to this document but need to be
   addressed in rfc5661bis (and transferred to this document since it will
   obsolete rfc5661 when approved)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 9:29 AM
Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-02.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the
IETF.

        Title           : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version
1 Protocol
        Authors         : David Noveck
                          Charles Lever
        Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-02.txt
        Pages           : 662
        Date            : 2019-10-03

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 10:40:47 -0400

I would like to draw attention to Section 1.1 of this document.

I've been asked several times recently what is needed for the rfc5661bis
work. Section 1.1 provides a comprehensive roadmap of what is likely
going to be needed to be done for rfc5661bis.

> On Oct 3, 2019, at 10:27 AM, David Noveck <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 	• Changes addressing comments in Magnus's review done 9/20.
> 	• Changes addressing pending errata for rfc5661: Summary is that eratta 2006 is relevant and is adopted and extended in this version but that the other rfc5661 erratas are not relevant to this document but need to be addressed in rfc5661bis (and transferred to this document since it will obsolete rfc5661 when approved)
> 
> https://datatracker.ietf..org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-02
> 

--
Chuck Lever
[email-masked]

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 11:37:52 +0000

Hi,

I think these latest changes are all good and do address my comments. 

When it comes to Errata 2006, I think it would be good if you create an
informational reference that contain an URL to the Errata. 

Cheers

Magnus

On Thu, 2019-10-03 at 10:27 -0400, David Noveck wrote:
> Changes addressing comments in Magnus's review done 9/20.
> Changes addressing pending errata for rfc5661: Summary is that eratta 2006 is
> relevant and is adopted and extended in this version but that the other
> rfc5661 erratas are not relevant to this document but need to be addressed in
> rfc5661bis (and transferred to this document since it will obsolete rfc5661
> when approved)
> 
https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=8d15fc44-d19f29f0-8d15bcdf-866a015dd3d5-962e2892a85e61a1&q=1&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fnfsv4
-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Architecture & Protocols, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 08:45:38 -0400

I assume that I can add that URL when I address any other WGLC comments.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019, 7:37 AM Magnus Westerlund <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> >         Title           : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor
> Version 1
> > Protocol
> >         Authors         : David Noveck
> >                           Charles Lever
> > https://datatracker.ietf.
> .org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-02
> >

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 13:18:46 +0000

> I assume that I can add that URL when I address any other WGLC comments.

Yes that will be fine. 

/Magnus

> 
> On Fri, Oct 4, 2019, 7:37 AM Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]
> > wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 

Magnus Westerlund