Subject: Re: [nfsv4] How the NFSv4 working group "meets" - what are the options...

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 12:51:57 +0000

Hi,

Regarding the below point. 

On Tue, 2019-10-29 at 05:54 -0400, David Noveck wrote:
> Given the current situation of the working group, it would be best if you or
> Brian or Magnus would make clear to people that we will be meeting in
> Vancouver and that it would be helpful if everyone who wants the working group
> to continue would participate, preferably in person, but remotely if
> necessary.  If we start now, there will be time to deal with scheduling issues
> including how many sessions to schedule and deciding on priorities for our
> limited time together. Later on, there will be occasions on which we can treat
> the question of whether to meet as an open question but not now. Not meeting
> in Vancouver or failing to take full advantage of this opportunity could make
> it impossible for the working group to continue.  That is the unfortunate
> reality and we have to adapt to it.
> 

Yes, I think the WG really shall meet at IETF 107 in March. I think you can
discuss if the WG should have two sessions also. One for future discussion and
one focused on resolving specification issues. From my perspective the NFSv4 WG
is fairly easily to schedule during the IETF meeting as you only need a smaller
room and have a rather limited conflict list with other WGs. 

From my perspective the WG can actually have much more meeting. As Ben said, the
requirements for a virtual interim meeting is very low, A week or two notice is
all that is needed. 

If the majority of the WG participants anyway are meeting in conjunction at some
other event, then one can consider if one can arragne a physical interim in
conjunction with that event if you see a need for having these additional
meetings. 

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 07:10:56 -0800

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We will plan for two sessions.

I would appreciate it if the WG spend some time in building a draft agenda
so that content and schedule can be built.

Spencer