Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-internationalization-00.txt

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 13:28:58 -0500

I've just submitted my initial stab at a NFSv4-wide internationalization
document.

I think there are a couple of issues that the working group needs to
address before proceeding with a working group document on this topic.

   - I have some normative references to RFC3490 (now obsolete), inherited
   from RFC7530.   Unfortunately, there is no correspong material (the ToAscii
   and ToUnicode algorithms) in the replacement docs.  Although this situation
   passes document submissions checks, idnits normally treat a normative
   reference to an obsoleted document as an error, so I'd like to address this
   soon.
   - As  this document attempts to derive the internationalization rules
   from the behavior of implementations, as did the internationalization
   section of RFC7530, I'm unclear about the degree to which the discussion of
   the handling of internationalized domain names follows that model, since
   many of the cases mentioned might be quite unusual, making it hard to
   determine what is being done by existing NFSv4 implementations in that area.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 12:36 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-internationalization-00.txt
To: David Noveck <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-internationalization-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by David Noveck and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-internationalization
Revision:       00
Title:          Internationalization for the NFSv4 Protocols
Document date:  2019-12-14
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          19
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-internationalization-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-internationalization/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-internationalization-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-internationalization

Abstract:
   This document describes the handling of internationalization for all
   NFSv4 protocols, including NFSv4.0, NFSv4.1, NFSv4.2 and extensions
   thereof, and future minor versions.

   It updates RFC7530 (formally) and RFC5661 (substantively).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat