Subject: [nfsv4] Subscriptions to [email-masked]

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 13:06:47 -0500

During the past few days, we have had several hundred people subscribing to
the working group mailing list.  I find it hard to believe that, all of a
sudden, hundreds of people, all with @aol.com email addresses are taking an
interest in our work. It seems more likely that some automated process
somewhere has gone wildly astray but I really can't be sure.

I would appreciate some information:
   - if you have intentionally subscribed to the mailing list in the last
few days, please let me know.
   - if you have not subscribed and don't want to receive these emails,
please unsubscribe.  If that doesn't work, please let me know and I'll try
to fix it.
   - if you have any idea how this happened, I'd appreciate hearing your
explanation.

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 10:09:04 -0800

This has happened before. They are bots. Contact the IETF IT staff for
help.

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 10:07 AM David Noveck <[email-masked]> wrote:

> During the past few days, we have had several hundred people subscribing
> to the working group mailing list.  I find it hard to believe that, all of
> a sudden, hundreds of people, all with @aol.com email addresses are
> taking an interest in our work.. It seems more likely that some automated
> process somewhere has gone wildly astray but I really can't be sure.
>
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>