Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: Post-IETF-107 Recommended Virtual Interim Schedule

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 17:33:15 -0400

It seems that we now have an IETF recommendation as to interim meeting
dates which Magnus tells us we are free to ignore (within limits).   I thnk
we have settled on 10AM-noon Pacific  as the meeting time.   The simplest
way to have  two meetings one week apart, as previously suggested, without
having to worry about potential conflicts is to have them 4/22 and 4/29.
If people are OK with that, I'll make the official request.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 12:52 PM
Subject: Post-IETF-107 Recommended Virtual Interim Schedule
To: IETF WG Chairs <[email-masked]>

Dear chairs,

The IESG has put together a recommended virtual interim schedule in the
absence of an in-person IETF 107: <
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/wgchairs/raw-attachment/wiki/WikiStart/April2020-RecommendedSchedule.pdf>.
We are recommending this schedule as a starting point. Each time slot in
the original in-person meeting schedule corresponds to one day in this
schedule (in UTC). As the original schedule avoided WG and RG conflicts to
the maximum extent possible, working groups and research groups can be
reasonably sure that most participants will not have a conflict with
another IETF interim meeting on the same day. We have avoided Fridays,
Saturdays, Sundays, and some common bank holidays.

Groups are free to choose a time within their recommended day that works
for most participants in the group, with the knowledge that in some time
zones it may be the day before or the day after. We realize that the day
recommended for your group may not work for your group. Working groups are
free to request a session on a different day than their recommended day or
to request additional ones.

You may request a virtual interim meeting using the form at <
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim/request>.

Because we are anticipating an increased volume of virtual interims, AD (or
IRTF chair) approval will be required to schedule a virtual interim meeting
through the beginning of IETF 108 -- even if requested for the day
recommended below. We will be assessing conflicts as well as the overall
spread of interim meetings and how that spread may affect participants in
different time zones. We may ask you to select a different time based on
these factors.

If you do not choose to use your recommended day, we recommend polling your
group to determine suitable times for a meeting. If your group holds
interims regularly, please be cognizant of which time zones are
disadvantaged by your scheduling choices and try to avoid consistently
scheduling virtual interims that disadvantage the same set of participants.
The meeting planner located at <
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html> may be a useful tool.

If you are going to poll your group to find a suitable virtual interim
slot, please review the existing schedule of upcoming virtual interim
meetings <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming>. Review your
group's most recent list of conflicts <
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/requests>. Please do not request a
virtual interim slot that conflicts with an already-scheduled interim for a
different group that is either (a) within the same IETF area as your group,
or (b) on your conflicts list.

Finally, we recommend reviewing the IESG guidance on interim meetings which
provides further details: <
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/interim-meetings-guidance-2016-01-16/

When working group chairs schedule a date and time for the meeting, it will
automatically update the calendar in datatracker: <
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming>.

Thanks,
Alissa Cooper on behalf of the IESG

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 06:52:50 -0400

Given that nobody seems to have problems with 4/22 and 4/29, I'll make an
official request.

I'll send out provisional agendas by 3/25.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 5:33 PM David Noveck <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Because we are anticipating an increased volume of virtual interims, AD
> (or IRTF chair) approval will be required to schedule a virtual interim
> meeting through the beginning of IETF 108 -- even if requested for the day
> If you do not choose to use your recommended day, we recommend polling
> your group to determine suitable times for a meeting. If your group holds
> Finally, we recommend reviewing the IESG guidance on interim meetings
> which provides further details: <
> When working group chairs schedule a date and time for the meeting, it
> will automatically update the calendar in datatracker: <