Subject: [nfsv4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpc-tls-07.txt> (Towards Remote Procedure Call Encryption By Default) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 08:46:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document: - 'Towards Remote Procedure Call
Encryption By Default'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpc-tls-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-05-27. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a mechanism that, through the use of
   opportunistic Transport Layer Security (TLS), enables encryption of
   in-transit Remote Procedure Call (RPC) transactions while
   interoperating with ONC RPC implementations that do not support this
   mechanism.  This document updates RFC 5531.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpc-tls/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.