Subject: [nfsv4] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpc-tls-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 21:31:39 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpc-tls-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpc-tls/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ questions ]]

* Can/should the same AUTH_TLS w/ NULL RPC check be done on the rpcbind
  (portmapper) service as well?

* What mechanism guarantees that (D)TLS traffic can always and easily be
  distinguished from RPC traffic on the same port?

[[ nits ]]

[ section 5.1.1 ]

* "When operation is complete" ... In addition to a grammar tweak, you
  might repeat a few choice words from section 7.2 about the ability to
  send multiple requests over a connection.

[ section 7.4 ]

* s/RCPSEC_GSS/RPCSEC_GSS/