Subject: [nfsv4] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on charter-ietf-nfsv4-06-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 19:30:55 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-nfsv4-06-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-nfsv4/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the current status of the NVMe+pNFS SCSI layout and RPC-over-RDMAv2
milestones (that are disappearing with this change)?

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 12:02:53 -0400

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020, 10:30 PM Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> milestones

For the NVMe work, there is no official milestone, but I expect to have one
soon.

For rpc-over-RDMA v2, the official milestone is 12/2020, but that probably
isn't achievable. The working group is going to have to reconsider all of
its milestones in light of the likely effect of the near-term inability to
do Interoperability testing in view of Covid-19 restrictions.

(that are disappearing with this change)?

Any disappearance is likely to be the result of a slip-up, rather than a
magic trick. Previous charter iterations did not include milestones and I
believe Magnus' inclusion of a new milestone for the rdma extensions was
not meant to imply that others not included had been eliminated.

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 16:24:47 -0700

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2020, 10:30 PM Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <
[...]
> not meant to imply that others not included had been eliminated.

Ah, understood.

Thanks for the clarification,

Ben

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 09:05:24 +0000

Hi,

The intention was only to add milestones. I apparently did screw up this. Have
reset the milestones and then added the new one, so now there are three
milestones.

Maybe there need to consider the UI design for how one import the existing
milestones and then add new milestones. Or maybe it should import all none-
resolved milestone at rechartering time by default, and then the AD can remove
those that needs to be removed. 

Cheers

Magnus

-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 12:20:20 -0700

Thanks, Magnus; it looks more like what I expected, now.

-Ben