Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: IETF 109 times

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 08:29:30 -0400

Looks like the timing is not very good for North American participants so
the wg will need to arrange an interim meeting some time around IETF 109.
Let's get clear on what we want to talk about and how much time to allocate
and then we can deal with scheduling a time/date convenient for the
participants. I expect there will be restrictions for weeks adjoining IETF
109 but the precise details are not clear yet.

Given that many people will not want to meet until they are sure the U.S.
presidential election is resolved, we might be looking at an early December
meeting.  Let me know if that's a problem for you.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Sep 9, 2020, 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Fwd: IETF 109 - Working Group/BOF/IRTF Scheduling]
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <
[email-masked]>

Hi,

This is prelimenary inforation but you can expect the general days for the
109th
meeting to look like below. I would expect that the wednesday with plenary
may
look different.

5-day meeting, 16-20 November 2020, times in Bangkok:

12:00 - 14:00 WGs
14:00 - 14:30 Break
14:30 - 15:30 WGs
15:30 - 16:00 Break
16:00 - 18:00 WGs

Meeting schedule in other timezones
----------
21:00 - 03:00 PT (starts on 15 November)
00:00 - 06:00 ET
05:00 - 11:00 UK and UTC
06:00 - 12:00 CET
10:30 - 16:00 Bangalore
12:00 - 18:00 Bangkok
13:00 - 19:00 Beijing
16:00 - 22:00 Melbourne

So slots length are 60 and 120 minutes (this is fixed).

Cheers

Magnus

On Wed, 2020-09-09 at 07:57 +0000, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is already time to start thinking about the next meeting. Unfortunately
> this
> meetings timeslots will be unpleasent for North And South America.
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus Westerlund
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Networks, Ericsson Research
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
> Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
> SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networs, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 13:46:33 +0000

Hi David and WG,

The official announcement regarding the upcoming meeting 

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/1IkcPFREybKrgPvhwSTxaM4R2j4/

says this:

As previously announced, IETF 109 will be an online meeting [1]. IETF 109
working sessions will take place 16-20 November, from 05:00 to 11:00 UTC each
day [2]. This time block was chosen to schedule the meeting during the normal
business hours of Bangkok, the original meeting location, and thus be consistent
with the intent of guidance in Section 2 of RFC 8719 related to meeting
rotation. IETF 107 and IETF 108 similarly started in the early afternoon local
time in the original meeting locations.

In response to experience from IETF 108 and the feedback received after the
meeting, several changes have been made:

- Working group (WG) session lengths are increased to 60 minutes and 120
minutes. 
- Breaks are lengthened to 30 minutes.
- Start time is now 12:00 in the original local meeting location timezone to
accommodate the resulting lengthened daily schedule.

Session requests are set to open on 8 September and registration is scheduled to
open the week of 28 September. Details about other important dates for IETF 109
are available at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/important-dates/>.

The Hackathon will take place the week prior, 9-13 November, and we will share
more details about it (and other meeting-related events) as they become
available.

Sincerely,
Alissa Cooper, IETF Chair
Colin Perkins, IRTF Chair

[1] 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/_Ob6SBhViwx13nps9KV-aF_CFyM/

[2] For selected time zones, this translates to:

21:00 - 03:00 PST (UTC -8)
00:00 - 06:00 EST (UTC -5)
06:00 - 12:00 CET (UTC +1)
10:30 - 16:00 IST (UTC +5:30)
12:00 - 18:00 ICT  (UTC +7)
13:00 - 19:00 CST (UTC +8)
16:00 - 22:00 AEDT (UTC +11)

On Wed, 2020-09-09 at 08:29 -0400, David Noveck wrote:
> Looks like the timing is not very good for North American participants so the
> wg will need to arrange an interim meeting some time around IETF 109.  Let's
> get clear on what we want to talk about and how much time to allocate and then
> we can deal with scheduling a time/date convenient for the participants. I
> expect there will be restrictions for weeks adjoining IETF 109 but the precise
> details are not clear yet.
> 
 
If you are going for an Interrim meeting please don't schedule it for the 2
weeks before the IETF meeting or during the IETF meeting.

I also like to note that if anyone has issues participating if the WG selects a
north american friendly time zone please speak up to the chairs and me.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 
TSV AD