Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-00.txt

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 10:03:05 -0500

This is my initial rfc5661bis draft.   Given that it is about 700 pages,
the following are reasonable alternatives to reading it that might be
helpful:

   - Do an rfcdiff against draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-base-01.   This
   is bigger than it should be since many of the diffs are due to section and
   reference renumbering but it is still useful.   I'm hoping to find a way to
   address the renumbering problems and will let people know how it turned out
   in the next few days.
   - Read the new section 1 (and included subsections) which gives a guide
   to what is changed and needs to be changed, together with Appendix A, which
   isolates some important issues that the working group needs to discuss.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 9:32 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-00.txt
To: David Noveck <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by David Noveck and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis
Revision:       00
Title:          Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol
Document date:  2020-12-31
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          700
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-00.html
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-00

Abstract:
   This document describes the Network File System (NFS) version 4 minor
   version 1, including features retained from the base protocol (NFS
   version 4 minor version 0, which is specified in RFC 7530) and
   protocol extensions made subsequently.  The later minor version has
   no dependencies on NFS version 4 minor version 0, and is considered a
   separate protocol.

   This document obsoletes RFC 8881.  In addition to many corrections
   and clarifications, it relies on NFSv4-wide documents to
   substantially revise the treatment of protocol extension,
   internationalization, and security, superseding the descriptions of
   those aspects of the protocol appearing in RFCs 5661 and 8881.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat