Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-03.txt

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 10:34:53 -0500

This new version includes:

   - A modified definition of NFSERR_NOTSUPP to address the issue of some
   file systems not supporting an OPTIONAL operation even though the server as
   a whole provides support.  This has been discussed on the list.
   - Fixes for all of the remaining easy errata reports that I had planned
   to do a few months ago.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Nov 25, 2021, 8:49 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-03.txt
To: David Noveck <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by David Noveck and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis
Revision:       03
Title:          Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol
Document date:  2021-11-25
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          668
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-03.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rfc5661bis-03

Abstract:
   This document describes the Network File System (NFS) version 4 minor
   version 1, including features retained from the base protocol (NFS
   version 4 minor version 0, which is specified in RFC 7530) and
   protocol extensions made subsequently.  The later minor version has
   no dependencies on NFS version 4 minor version 0, and was, until
   recently, documented as a completely separate protocol.

   This document will give rise to a suite of documents which
   collectively obsolete RFC 8881.  In addition to many corrections and
   clarifications, it will rely on NFSv4-wide documents to substantially
   revise the treatment of protocol extension, internationalization, and
   security, superseding the descriptions of those aspects of the
   protocol appearing in RFCs 5661 and 8881.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: [email-masked] (J. Bruce Fields)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 10:19:49 -0500

>    a whole provides support.  This has been discussed on the list.

Looks good to me.  There are some typos in section 19.1.1.5.  I think
you mean to say "file system on which it is issued"?  But maybe
"affected file system" or "filesystem operated on" would be better.

--b.

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4